44: The Story- Part 1

{Eliz's POV}

"It all started that day," I said, "That day, Sadie and I were on the porch, bored. That's when we saw you," I said looking at him, "You were riding your bicycle with your friends and you were laughing with them. I looked up on you like you were a god, but Sadie's feeling was more than that. She was hit by cupid when she saw you."

"Who is that?" she asked me looking at you.

"He's your neighbor Sadie," I replied, rolling my eyes at her.

"I've never seen him before."

"Blame that to Sandra," I said since her mum- Sandra always keeps her inside her house. 

"What's his name?" she asked, curiously.

"I don't know, but I know it starts with Z." I replied.

"I told Sadie everything I know about you."

"Wait how do you know that much about me?" Zayn asked.

"Zayn, you're the 'Bradford Bad Boy', and you're asking me that?" He didn't respond so I continued my story, "Anyways, since that day, Sadie has been obsessed with you. She wants to know everything about you and all she ever talk about is you. There was a time when we stalked you, I'm not gonna tell the things  we did," I laughed as Zayn looked at me with his brows crossed, "All you have to know is that we know you Zayn. It was kinda creepy but we did. This happened until when we were in high school. Sadie seemed contended that we saw you everyday. Though you were one of the popular kids and we were the invisibles, she was okay just to see you laugh and smile. No one can deny the fact that you were very hot and you got girls falling head over heels for you," I looked at Zayn as he slightly turned red, "You had a lot of girlfriends, Sadie knew that, but this time was different, we're all in the same school. When you dated that girl, I don't even know her."

"Catherine," Zayn said.

"Yeah her, Sadie has been crazy. That made me believe that she really did love you," I said making Zayn flinch. "Fast forward to our sophomore year, valentines day."

This seems to trigger Zayn's memory as he said, "Holy shit!"

"Yes Sadie, Sadie was the girl who gave you that letter telling you how much she loves you, who you embarrassed in front of the whole school. You have no idea what she's been through since that day. Well let me tell you, Zayn," again he flinched, "She cried herself to sleep, she barely ate, she barely even laughed. And to top all of that, she's been bullied. And then came in Lucas. I don't know if it was her little experiment or something, but she dated him. He was our friend. The point is she wasn't the same since that day. She wasn't the same girl full of rainbows and giggles. She never dated since then. She never even looked at any guy."

Silence passed. 

"Do you have any idea how much risk she took giving you a second chance? She risked getting her heart broken again and being hurt again just to give you that chance. Clearly, it wasn't worth the risk," I said staring at Zayn.

"Please don't say that Eliz," he said, cue for his story.

A/N My heart broke writing this, hope yours did as well. Comments and votes makes me happy ;)

Goal: 1250+ Votes