La Trampa

Chapter 23:

Right after Naruto's return...

Behind Naruto's, and formerly Torobic's gilded throne, lay a great secret passed down to the now deceased ox Hollow. It was something that could tear two brothers apart, start a war between nations, and bring all of Hueco Mundo to its knees.

No one other than Dreendo and Torobic knew about any of this, and even Dreendo was at a loss as to where he got it, or where he was hiding it. And, rather than remain within his younger brother's graces, the king's racist attitude, and what this secret held caused the two brothers to drift apart from one another.

It remained in its hidden spot until Torobic was usurped from the cave, and Ulquiorra stumbled across a secret passageway behind Naruto's throne, while the bat Hollow was alone in the cave complex. He had taken a temporary residence in the throne room, after he disposed of all the bodies left behind in Dreendo's wake. He was also archiving the various hazards and terrain of the cave complex at that moment, trying to figure what could be used to their advantage, in case something like this happened in the future.

It was as he was checking behind the throne for anything, that he stumbling across this passageway.

Ulquiorra wasn't stupid, so he wasn't about to gallivanting off alone into the eternal darkness of this narrow passageway. But, he had a feeling that Naruto would pleased to know that there might be something of use back there.

So, the bat told him. A few hours directly after he had gotten back, and the disbelief of getting attacked had melted away into pure, righteous anger, Ulquiorra told him about the secret tunnel directly behind the throne. Naruto, while still steaming from the recent revelations, accepted the information whole-heartedly. He told Ulquiorra to go control his new disoriented followers, while he went off and explored the passageway alone.

Anyway, the fox Hollow found Ulquiorra's words to be true, as when he pushed the heavy throne to the side, there was a concealed passageway, large enough for a Vasto Lorde or a small Adjuchas like himself to squeeze through.

"Looks like this is it..." he said to himself, pressing a paw or two against the walls of the passageway, to make sure that they wouldn't cave in on him. When he decided that it was safe, he stepped inside the passage.

He narrowed his eyes, as after a few yards into the tunnel, he came across a few crude carvings along the cave wall, all of the same thing. They were of a chimera-like shape, with a hole in its chest to signify that the being was in fact a Hollow.

The young Hollow brushed one of the carvings as went by, noting that there was nothing special to them rather than their decorative purpose. Continuing further into the narrow passage, he noticed a few torches along the wall that glowed with an eerie blue flame, and more and more carving of the strange chimera-like Hollow that he had been seeing up to this point.

Then, the passage began to become more twisted, and Naruto was seriously wondering how far it extended. As he neared the end, the torches disappeared for a while, until they reappeared when he reached the end, and emerged in a large chamber, almost the size of his throne room.

"How can someplace so big be kept a secret down here?" he asked himself, noting that some of the items in the chamber seemed to be untampered with for what looked like years.

Speaking of items, there really weren't too many in the chamber, though. There were many torches, similar to the ones outside, that lines the walls to create a circular pattern. Again, there were more pictures, but this time they were not of the chimera. In addition, they were similar to mosaics or frescos, being much more elaborate than the primitive cave drawings he had seen up to this point.