Reclutamiento

Chapter 20:

"Dreendo-sama isn't going to like this very much..." hissed a shrouded figure lurking in the shadows at the top of the plateau. There wasn't much to said about this particular Hollow. It was covered in a plain black cloak that obscured almost all of his features, but what could be told about this creature was that it was thin, lithe, and subtle, the perfect build for a spy.

It was currently perched on top of the plateau, suppressing its reiatsu while remaining out of view of the other Hollows in the area. He had been assigned to spy on Torobic for quite some time now, and even when Torobic had emerged from his cave complex and trashed the two Hollows, the figure hadn't even batted an eyelash.

That quickly changed when the fox Hollow and the bat Hollow managed to get the advantage, and in a quick display of wit, managed to kill Torobic by dropping him to his death thousands of feet below.

It took all of the Hollow's willpower to not have a panic attack right there. A development like this would massively screw up their plan, and he didn't want to be around to see his master's rage when he found out. He would have to leave his spot and go down, if only to confirm Torobic's death.

The cloud of dust cleared at the bottom, and the figure was able to confirm the death of Torobic, judging by how his legs limply protruded from the dirt below. The fox Hollow who had killed him seemed to be only slightly injured from the fall, though it was hard to tell considering how injured he had been during the fight. Whatever the case, the fox Hollow definitely hadn't been killed like Torobic had.

He heard a whooshing noise to the left of him, and it turned out that the bat Hollow who was just flying there idly had flown down to join his comrade, and maybe reap their reward. He almost forgot that the bat Hollow was still around, and cursed his stupidity at almost going out in plain view.

He moved himself out of his hiding place once he was sure the bat Hollow had completely descended, and when they couldn't see him, and prepared to find suitable cover down below. He had to find out more information about these two quickly, lest they become a threat.

When Torobic was pulled cleanly out of the dirt and sand by Naruto, his cold, dead body would never realize how intensely Naruto's evil red eyes were staring at him right then.

Naruto didn't stir when Ulquiorra landed in the dirt beside, never taking his gaze off the dead Vasto Lorde. He seemed to be even hurting himself from exertion, as his eyes seemed to adopt a manic, bloodshot look, and a few veins popped into the areas around his head that were visible. It was quite a grotesque scene, as even Ulquiorra would note as such.

Ulquiorra was about to say something, but before he could even open his mouth, the fox Adjuchas stopped his intense gaze, cocked his head backwards, and emitted the loudest laugh Ulquiorra had heard him do thus far. It was just as manic as any of Naruto's other laughs, perhaps even more so. Yet this time, there was no hatred laced behind the laugh, just simply insane joy.

Whatever the case, he was probably just ecstatic about the fact that he just killed a Vasto Lorde of all things, and would gain a massive power-up once he feasted upon the corpse. Ulquiorra knew already that there was no way the fox Hollow would ever share any of his meal, and he honestly didn't expect Naruto to do that anyway. The spoils brought about by a dead Hollow belong to its killer, and no one else.

Naruto himself didn't need to be told twice. He didn't even speak, gesture, or even acknowledge Ulquiorra's presence, and proceeded to selfishly tear his teeth into the Vasto Lorde's corpse, and from the sounds he was making, it was indeed delicious. Naruto didn't even make an attempt to have some restraint.