: La Sala de Emociones

"Kill me?" the Kyuubi asked, sounding faintly amused. Its sadistic and arrogant nature would never allow Kyuubi to believe it could actually be killed.

An awkward, tense silence ran through the halls for a good twenty seconds. Naruto disturbingly thought the paintings on the walls were vaguely staring at him accusingly, as if he were proclaiming an impossible idea. He straightened and stared up at the great beast blankly, as if he were expecting its passing amusement.

A dark, powerful chuckle from the demon broke the silence. This was a delicate situation, and Kyuubi was taking no mind to that.

"Such an impudent little brat. You wish to kill me? Me, of all things. After all the things I've done for you? Who's the one who has always saved you all these years. Who's the one who gave you power when you needed it. Why me, of course!" the Kyuubi paused for a moment.

"But I guess I shouldn't act so surprised. After all, you've always been an ungrateful little shit. Why should that change simply because we died?"

Naruto continued to stare, the first little flecks of anger seeping into his expression from the Kyuubi's bristling comments. He then turned away to look at the deteriorating seal, not wanting to appeared bothered by the Kyuubi's remarks.

"Don't act all high and mighty with me, fox. From the looks of things the seal is deteriorating. How long would it have been before you're free and you attempt to kill me, hmm?" responded Naruto.

More laughter from the Kyuubi.

"It seems you have gained some intelligence since your little dance with death. Yes, the seal is still intact, despite the premise that I was to disappear from your subconscious and reappear on the landscape in about one-hundred years after your death."

"Then, you didn't take what my father said into account. I believe he meant for us to die together."

The Kyuubi sighed, an almost shameful somberness appearing in his tone of voice. "That is unfortunately true. The Yondaime's seal was stronger than I anticipated, and instead of being thrust back into the living world, I instead remain sealed in you while existing in an afterlife that I honestly didn't expect."

The larger fox said nothing for a moment, before it spoke again, now with a tone of sinister happiness.

"However, your father's talent with sealing wasn't perfect. True to what you said, the seal is indeed weakening, likely as a result of this abrupt change from chakra to this reiryoku, as you call it. No seal can completely handle such an abrupt change, and then of course there's the matter of the change in energy. It appears to me that reiryoku isn't as strong a binding agent as chakra is. Its hold on the seal has several weak points at many places, causing the seal itself to structurally break down before our very eyes."

The Kyuubi laughed again, this time one of malicious delight at the prospect. "Very soon the seal will break down completely, and I will be free to resume my place and wreak havoc on this new world again as I please. This time, when no blasted shinobi to hinder my progress."

It was Naruto's turn to laugh now. That statement was just so idiotic to him that he couldn't help it.

"Oh, get over yourself, Kyuubi. I'll admit it, you have power. Power that I need. But the afterlife has a lot more powerful beings than those in life. More powerful beings than you realize. You're not a force of nature anymore; just a very big Hollow. Your reiatsu is that of only a Gillian to a low-level Adjuchas, and your power is nowhere near enough to be able to do as you please. If you tried that you'd be annihilated instantly."