El Obstáculo

"Talking" Normal talking, this will also go for Hollows.

"Talking" Entity such as Kyuubi. Kyuubi doesn't play much of a role here, so this won't be used much.

"Talking" Thinking or narrating.

Just remembered that I forgot to do that last chapter, so I thought I might as well add it now.

Anyway, here's Chapter 2. Not much to say on this chapter, though it is going to explain some things from the previous chapter.

Disclaimer: Kishimoto and Kubo own Naruto and Bleach. Not me.

Chapter 2

Hollows are former human souls that are said to have lost their hearts to despair, or simply have spent too much time as a Plus, becoming a creature only seen in a twisted nightmare. Most Hollows have an extreme hunger for souls of both Shinigami and humans, to fill the void that was created by their loss of a heart. Before that however, they will often seek out and eat the one they have loved; or... the one they have had a strong obsession with during their lives...

Tetsu no Kuni. This snow-covered country is considered the most secure place in the ninja world, as it has remained neutral for all of the Shinobi World Wars. It is here that the meeting place of the strongest Shinobi in the world, the five Kages, takes place. Today, there would be two main threats that would enter this place. The first, comprising of Akatsuki, would cause quite the uproar, specifically due to the stunt of Uchiha Sasuke and his team, as well as the declaration of a Fourth Shinobi World War. The second would continue to go completely unknown.

A perpetual cold inhabited the country, making for an extremely fierce climate. The biting cold made the wilderness of the country a bleak, depressing wasteland where life could be snuffed out in an instant. Not that that's the case for one particular Hollow.

A strange mountain, looking like three wolf heads loomed overhead. Every ninja currently in the country was congregating to this spot. This was Tetsu no Kuni. Naruto himself was also heading towards this spot, his bestial body going unnoticed by the shinobi. Ever since he had killed that Shinigami, his hunger had increased. But no, not hunger for just any soul. To fill the void in his heart, he must devour this particular soul without fail.

Naruto snarled. He was close. Something Naruto had noticed over the past few days was his subconscious ability to roughly sense a person's "aura", as he called it. Of course, Naruto didn't know the formal name for it just yet, nor was it as concentrated as one would like it to be. However, he did manage to pick out seven different reiatsu signatures. Although not nearly as strong as that Shinigami's, they stood out as stronger than the rest of the people present. For a human, there were only a select few that had this much spiritual pressure, so Naruto was sure that his target was one of them.

Going from the looks of things, it seemed that there was a large conflict going on at the summit of this mountain. He felt one of the auras flee, the others too busy with fighting to notice. His tail bristled, they all seemed very tasty at the moment; but there was only one that really mattered.

The fleeing aura was getting farther away by the time Naruto reached the base of the mountain. The quadrupedal Hollow raised a paw up, and sank it into the face of the rock. It yielded surprisingly easily under the razor-sharp claws, and Naruto was able to haul himself smoothly up the mountain, using all four of his claws as leverage.