La Luciérnaga

Disclaimer: My crystal ball tells me. . . that in the future. . . I still won't own Naruto or Bleach.

Chapter 4:

His ears twitched when those words came from the Adjuchas' mouth. Las Noches. The name was strangely poetic in a way. Las. Noches. The way it rolled off the tongue in the smoothest manner was both beautiful... and intimidating. Whoever came up with it had great naming sense.

When he heard the Adjuchas finish talking, Naruto never took his eyes off the leading Adjuchas, or his mouth off the flesh of the Shinigami. To do so would be suicide, because he knew they would pounce the second he did. The leading Adjuchas stood there reluctantly, a forced smile on his face. The fox Hollow was glaring at him, and the expression on his face conveyed that he could get defensive.

The dim light of the hive didn't give away the leader's full expression, but it was probably one of barely contained anxiousness. A fine meal was right in front of him, and if he didn't play his cards right, it could be taken away from him. The Hollow did not want to answer any more questions, and simply wanted to get on with the meal.

"Where can I find this "Las Noches"?" asked Naruto, his voice morphing to a practical, calculating tone which was in contrast to his normal, psychotic one. There was a faint tone of nervousness present, judging from the way his voice cracked slightly.

The Adjuchas paused for a moment, as if he were debating to answer the question, or simply attack instead. The fox Hollow was no match for him, but he could very well finish off the Shinigami before he died.

The other Adjuchas were now chanting dumbly, which was grating on the mind. He would have to decide quickly, lest he wait and carelessly make the wrong decision. With a strained voice, he finally said,

"Once you get back to the surface, walk around ten miles to the east of here. At that point, the grand palace of Las Noches should come into view. You'll know it when you see it. It has a domed roof and four tall pillars flanking it."

Naruto nodded slowly, not really caring if they were lying or not. If he was, then he would simply find someone else to fulfill his needs. His confidence in getting away safely didn't waver in the slightest.

The Menos were still eyeing the two Shinigami that he was keeping hostage. He had no more questions, those could be saved for when he arrived at Las Noches, but that didn't mean he could casually release the prey in front of ten hungry Adjuchas, without getting caught in the crossfire.

So he defiantly kept his perpetual glare on the leading Adjuchas. He couldn't just abruptly walk away from the Shinigami, as doing so would likely startle them. He would have to do it slowly and subtly, all the while making sure that he kept his distance.

In a slow yet smooth motion, Naruto panned his eyes to the left, leaving the gaze of the leader Adjuchas while still keeping a close eye on the Hollow's actions.

He watched all of the Adjucha's carefully, and after what seemed like an eternity, he stepped away from the fallen Shinigami and closed his mouth.

The effect was instantaneous. Once Naruto's jagged teeth were out of the equation, the Hollows flew into action. All rationale was forgotten as the Adjucha's clambered over their comrades.

The leader got the first bite. Once Naruto had backed away, the large Adjuchas spasmed forward at the Shinigami in a split second. He didn't hesitate, and tore through the skin and sinew of the smaller Shinigami.