El Vasto Lorde Enfermo

Chapter 19:

"Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh SHIT. OH SHIT!Naruto kept repeated those same words in his mind over and over again, as he continued to back away carefully from the apparent Vasto Lorde sitting on the throne.

Even though he didn't show it outwardly and kept the same stoic face on during the entire ordeal, it was safe to say that Ulquiorra was feeling the same type of emotion deep inside. Out of all the places a Vasto Lorde could be, it just had to be the one place where they needed to go.

It seemed that was just his luck.

A cloud of tension hung in the air between the three Hollows: a panicked one for the Adjuchas, and an angry one for the Vasto Lorde. They had no chance of cooling down the Vasto Lorde's anger, nor could they really escape in such a confined space like they were currently in.

Naruto jumped when the figure stepped off of its throne, and he was able to see a more pronounced image as it was being illuminated by the torch light.

It was grey in color, and seemed to give off the vibe that this was a Hollow that should not be messed with. It stood on two bulky hooves that resembled an ox's, and they looked like they could crush anything that stood in their way.

Its hands were similar to his feet, though thinner and more sleek. It had a mask that also resembled an ox's, and two long, curved horns that sprouted upwards from its mask. Its Hollow hole was slightly bigger than normal and was placed on its neck, directly above the raggedy, brown cloak that it used to cover the rest of its body.

Its ox-like appearance was very fitting, Ulquiorra noted, because the aura it was giving off was very similar to an angry bull. The ground shook slightly with every thunderous step the Hollow took, and when it was close enough it released its heavy, suffocating reiatsu.

A bead of sweat ran down the two Adjuchas' faces. The Vasto Lorde was definitely throwing its weight around in an attempt to intimidate them, and it was also definitely working!

Then, the Vasto Lorde faltered a little bit, as spasms and coughing fits began to wrack his body. This gave Naruto and Ulquiorra a temporary reprieve from the oppressive reiatsu, and enough time for them to recover their bearings and wonder what was going on.

The Vasto Lorde continued to have coughs that wracked its entire body, and the two Adjuchas were left confused yet relieved from the sudden display. However, just as soon as the two Adjuchas had fully recovered, the coughing stopped, and the crushing reiatsu returned in full force.

It was almost like drowning, Naruto thought numbly. Except for the fact that it was heavier and burned more. And they wouldn't die from it, though he didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

His vision was already swimming, but he could vaguely see the ox Hollow gradually getting closer to him. He looked slightly less angry, though he doubted a little change in emotion would save them.

He wasn't like Baraggan; he knew that already. This guy didn't toy with his opponents, or hold back for a weaker opponent. It would be infinitely more difficult for him to fight against someone like that. But, Naruto's mind was already working on a way to turn this battle into an advantage, and Ulquiorra was doing the same.

"Ulquiorra... we have to run. We can't fight this thing..." Naruto whispered, when he was sure that the bat Hollow was the only one who could hear him.

"Don't bother..." said the Vasto Lorde simply, somehow knowing what it was that Naruto said. Its voice was deep and commanding, the voice of a leader. It gave off the aura that you had to follow its orders.