Panic In The Sky -AUSTIN

This is a request (mixed with my own thoughts) given by lovingelvisp

•Y/n POV•

There is one week until the Cannes Film Festival, Austin and I are going for our new movie Elvis!

Me and Austin began dating a few months after filming. We literally are each others Priscilla and Elvis, it's been amazing.

I'm so proud of how far Austin has come, watching him as first a friend, and now a girlfriend.

"We should probably be prepared and get packed, love." Austin said to me, snapping me out of my thoughts and imagination immediately.

"Mhm sure! One suitcase or two?" I asked him, walking up to our closet.

"Probably two. I assume things may change and we may need different looks." He said, standing beside me.

After we had our our choices of fancy clothes, mixed with toiletries, we closed and zipped up our suitcases.

/////////////////

Today we are heading to Cannes Film Festival! Me and Austin are so excited. But we are both nervous.

When it comes to Austin's anxiety, he tries to think of how nervous Elvis always was, but sometimes it just doesn't work.

A lot of the time I have to help him out.

As I have experienced anxiety many times with filming such an important movie, I've just taken time to learn how to cope in a healthy way. Now I help Austin learn!

"Ready to head off to the airport?" I asked Austin, rolling my suitcase down the hall and to the front door. Looking out the window beside the door, I could see our ride outside waiting for us.

"Yea. But I'm really nervous, y/n! What if I don't get on the plane? What if I disappoint everyone at the festival?! Oh my god." Austin starting panicking.

"Austin everything will be ok! I'm very nervous too, but we can do this! We filmed an entire movie together, I'm here for you." I reassure him, grabbing his hand. "Cmon! Let's go have fun!" I exclaimed, opening the front door.

I practically dragged Austin to the car after we locked our front door.

We both spent the ride to the airport going over our event schedule. Honestly? I was just trying to distract Austin.

We arrived at the airport. I thank the driver as we grab our bags out from the trunk, rolling them inside the big building.

"Shoes, jewelry, and all your belongings in these bins please." The security guard said to us. We did as he said.

"Let's grab our stuff and head to the gate, we are just in time!" I said to him, putting my shoes back on my feet.

I knew there was paparazzi taking pictures of us, but I didn't care. I was just trying to get on the plane.

(Sorry Vanessa 😘)

(Sorry Vanessa 😘)

We arrive at our gate after dropping off our luggage, we had our carry on in hand.

"Ticket please!" The lady at the desk said to us, we gave our tickets and headed on the aircraft.

"This is a pretty nice seat Baz got us!" I said, sitting in my first class seat next to Austin.

"Mhm..." Austin mumbled, observing his surroundings.

"You alright? We haven't even taken off yet." I asked, looking at him.

"Yeah just nervous, and it's not helping with my fear of flying!" He said to me with a light laugh, sitting back in his chair.

"I get it, same here. Just ask if you need anything. I'll try my best to help you, hon." I said to him, giving a light smile. We now had our seatbelts buckled.

As the plane is about to take off I could feel Austin tense up tightly next to me. I placed my hand on his, comforting him by rubbing my fingers against his knuckles.

I reminded him to take nice deep breathes, you might not realize it but you hold your breathe when you're nervous.

The plane is now in the air and Austin has gotten more comfortable, but barely.

"Again, if you need anything Austin. Just tell me!" I reminded him, as he was playing with the screen in front of our seats.

"We should watch Elvis!" I exclaimed, as I saw Elvis pop up on the list of movies we had to choose from.

He tapped on the movie and pressed play, we both put our headphones in.

As we were watching the movie, I could see Austin move his feet to the beat of whatever song was playing. He was also mouthing the words as Elvis, his lips twitching as Elvis did.

/////////////////////

Once the movie had finished I was in tears. I never thought watching my own movie would make me cry! It was surreal.

I wiped away the tears falling down my cheeks as I could feel Austin grab my thigh.

He was a pretty affectionate person, but this wasn't a lovey touch. It felt like a panic signal.

"You alright?" I asked him.

"No, I'm sorta panicking!" Austin said, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"Okay okay... let's go near the bathrooms for some privacy?" I said, standing up with him.

I followed him to the back of the plane, his fingers fidgeting with each other.

He turned around once we got to the back.

"I don't know what to do! I'm stuck 30,000 feet up in the air, on the way to what could possibly be the most important event of my career. How the hell do I prepare myself for this shit?!" He said, waving his arms around dramatically.

"You cant." I said plainly.

"What?" Austin was confused now.

"You cant prepare yourself for this. You just have to go in there, be confident, and have fun for gods sake!" I said, laughing alone.

"Have fun? I cant. It's not possible." Austin explained to me.

"Yes you can! Just stick with me. I'll make sure you don't stress yourself out. This is something that is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you and me! We have to take advantage of this. Loosen up, darling." I said, calmly holding his hands.

"I guess your right. I hope I packed everything I need. Sorry, I'm a worry full person!" He said, chuckling.

We both headed back to our seats, and we both just talked for the rest of the flight. It was great.

I hope I helped.