Crew -AUSTIN

•y/n POV•

"Water! We need water! Y/n, water!" My boss shouted in my direction during the filming of ELVIS. I was the runner. I basically get whatever anyone needs for them at a moments notice. It's not the best job in the film industry, but the environment of set gives me such a feeling of joy I would do anything to be here.

I've always wanted to act, but I never got the chance to. I get anxious with the spotlight on me, anyways. It wouldn't have worked out.

"I'm on it!" I shouted back to him, speed walking towards the storage room with food and coolers with drinks. I went to the nearest cooler and grabbed a plastic water bottle from the puddle of what used to be ice cubes but has melted down.

I jog back to set seeing Austin Butler, who plays Elvis, sitting in a chair. He was sweating bullets, he is filming the iconic '68 comeback scene. I would be sweating too if I were to be wearing a full leather jumper.

My boss, Jon, grabbed the water bottle out of my hand aggressively. I don't mind, he's a very outward person.

I look over his shoulder as Austin and I make eye contact.

Jon walks over to Austin in his chair, he tries to hand over the water bottle.

"Here you go! I got you a water bottle, Austin." Jon said joyfully, 100X more happy than 3 seconds ago.

"No." Austin says in a flat way.

Jon laughs awkwardly, "what?" Jon is profusely confused and it is known. He gains a few looks from the crew members around him, looks of judgement mostly. Not that I'm complaining!

"No, no YOU didn't." Austin points at Jon strongly. "She did. Do not take credit. That isn't how I work." Austin says, walking over to me. He wraps his arm around my shoulder, he walks me away from the crowd they had gained. My eyes are as big as the moon.

I try to catch a quick glance up at him, keeping my head straight ahead to not look weird.  He was looking right back down at me. Huh. Weird.

"Where are we going exactly?" I blurt out. Austin keeps walking silently until we arrive at his changing room. The wall is covered in Elvis outfit inspiration.

"So," Austin sits down on a leather couch, i stay standing. "You work the same hours as me?"

I nod in response, clutching my own fist out of anxiousness.

"You just spend all day getting water?" He asks me, patting the spot on the couch next to him.

I slowly make my way over to the couch, hesitating to sit down. He puts his arm across my stomach and pushes me down. But it wasn't an aggressive push, it was somehow gentle in a way.

"Yes. I do whatever Jon tells me to do." I explain, sitting as stiff as a board on the couch, not daring to look him in the eyes.

"Jon is an ass. It's just us now, you can admit it." Austin says, i can feel his eyes digging into me. I stay still.

"He is such an ass!" I shout out, immediately slapping my right hand across my mouth, to shut myself up.

He lets out a distinct laugh. His laugh. Wow. It's like watching big fluffy flakes falling into the winter air from the sky. Light, and desirable.

He reaches his hand up to my hand and moves it down into my lap. He intertwined his fingers with mine, not letting go.

I stare at our hands, tightly holding onto each others.

"Look, I get it if you want to quit. But, I could get you a better spot on the team if I tried hard enough." Austin said, inching closer to me.

"Oh no, I wouldn't impose like that. You're here to do one thing and one thing only." I say to him.

"Y/n? What if I want to? Are you going to stop me?" He asked, raising an eyebrow in questioning.

"Well I wouldn't stop you, you can do whatever you would like to." I respond gently.

"Well it's settled. You'll be on my team now. Austin says, giving me a genuine smile.

I can help but jump up an inch or two and give him the tightest hug.

He mumbled something into my shoulder.

"Y/n! Cant breathe!" He mutters, as I sit back on the couch.

I almost forgot he's wearing a full leather jumper.

"I'm so sorry!" I say, giving him a sorry smile.

"It's alright, don't apologize. It was a nice hug." He says, grabbing back onto my hand standing up.

I follow him out of the room aimlessly, just enjoying his presence. We walk past Jon in the hallway. I look up at Austin's face and he is shooting Jon the most nasty look I have ever seen anyone give. It made me smile.

He has my back. I don't know why, but he chooses to everyday.

A.N.
I AM SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPLOADED IN SO LONG. IM SO FUCKING SORRY. IT WAS THE LAST FEW WEEKS OF SCHOOL BEFORE BREAK AND I GOT SO BUSY! I WILL UPLOAD MORE ON BREAK NOW. I LOVE UOU ALL. 20K READS? WHAT?!