𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

Reneè Banks📍Crown Heights, Brooklyn

Reneè Banks
📍Crown Heights, Brooklyn

"Roscoe you need to stop for real."

Ever since I gave Roscoe my number yesterday we've been on FaceTime. We talked about everything, just getting to know each other. I don't know what's going to happen between us in the future but for now, we're vibing. Right now I was listening as he was arguing with a crackhead.

"Bro you said you were hungry. I offered to buy you food. I said you can get a medium soup. WAH YUH TALK BOUT YUH WAN OXTAIL WITH RICE AND PEAS?? YUH HAVE OXTAIL MONEY SIR ??" I heard Roscoe yell over the phone, his accent slipping out a bit.

Although I just met Roscoe last night, I feel like i've met him sometime before in the past. I mean I was a social media influencer so it could've probably been from a promotion or something. But I still feel like i've known him deeper than just that.

I heard my dad come home from work, so I told Roscoe I'll call him back and went downstairs to say hi to him. Yes I still live with my dad. I'm only nineteen and the only reason I work at the prison is because I graduated high school and college very early. While working, i'm currently doing my second level of school, to be able to become an FBI worker. I got a scholarship from my old college because of how well I did.

"Hey pops, how was work today??" I walked over giving him a hug, then going to the fridge reaching for a grapefruit juice.

"It was alright, we need to talk though." He said, I could tell that something was bothering him so I sat across the table from him, waiting for him to speak up.

"I don't know how to say this but basically you have a brother. You don't know him but I don't either. After his mother's family found out that she got pregnant, they made her cut off all ties with me. We had already planned the baby shower, names and everything. His name was going to be Darrian Banks. I never heard from them after what happened but the other day I saw that a teenager got shot. I checked the news and the boys name was Darrian Banks. I just knew that was my son. I called the hospital and they said he just woke up out of a coma this morning and I can go see him tomorrow."

...

I sat on the phone with Roscoe, under my covers. I had explained to him everything that my dad told me and it seems like i've uncovered a lot about my life. Turns out that the person Roscoe shot was one of the people involved in the shooting. Roscoe knew Darrian and we pieced everything together. It was so much information for me to take in at one time and I still don't know how to process it. But let me break it down for you...

Roscoe and Darrian are from the same block. Me and Roscoe used to go to the same kindergarten before I moved to Brooklyn, which explains why I felt like I knew him. My dad told me I used to go over to his house for playdates. We went through the old picture book finding pictures of me and Roscoe together, with two toddlers in the picture too. I asked Roscoe about it and he said he thinks one was Darrian and the other one was his little sister X'aria, but he wasn't sure because we were so young at the time.

Hopefully I can figure out everything thats going on, and get to meet my brother. This was a big pill to swallow but at the end of the day, it was a new beginning for me. There was a new addition to my family and Roscoe was also back in my life. Life's confusing right now, but everything happens for a reason.

------

Liyah's Corner
This was a lil filler chapter.
I'm so sorry if this is confusing, I made this off the top of my head but I promise i'll try to clear everything up.
Thoughts??
Vote and Comment.
Also yall want a imagine book, for drill rappers?? Let me know and drop requests for people and plots.