Library Fantasies

A/N: bruh...I hate Author's Notes at the beginnings of chapters, but I have to do this, I'M SO SORRY!!

Anyways, so Unspokenafterthought and I are still working on the commentary for the first chapter, and I had a plan to publish that the same time I publish the revised/edited version of WTBBSILY, however our schedules have been hectic. So, for now, I decided to just republish this chapter already and work on the commentary for it. I'm hoping to have that up soon, so yeah! I'm excited!

P.S. the revised version is up now~ check out my profile!

Love,
DG❤

Chapter Two:

Library Fantasies

"It's so amazing when someone comes to your life and you expect nothing out of it but suddenly, there in front of you is everything you ever needed."

Maya Granger

Send:
To: Ashy Washy

Your bad boy buddy got me suspended, and has kidnapped me!

*

From: Ashy Washy

Lol! Humor him! He really seems to like you.

I scoffed at my best friend's lack of concern for my well being before stuffing my phone back into my bag, not bothering to reply. I looked out the open window of Ryder's truck, my arms crossed over my chest as I watched the houses, buildings, and vehicles we passed by.

"Let's play Twenty Questions!" Ryder suddenly suggested.

"Why?" I turned to him, raising a brow.

"So that we could get to know one another, and you can fall in love with me." He shrugged nonchalantly.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm all in for getting to know you, but falling in love with you? I'll pass."

He grinned. "You never know. Anyhow, I'll go first. Favorite color?"

"Why is this always the first?" I asked, before continuing, "Don't answer, that was rhetorical." I paused. "I have a few; neon green, fuschia pink, baby blue, and purple. Do you have OCD?"

"Just a bit," he shrugged. "Though it leans more towards I don't like messiness."

"That explains the clean truck interior," I replied. I took notice of the detail when we were stopped at the gas station. I was very surprised, I guess I was expecting it to be littered with crumpled wrappers, beer bottles, and smell like cigarettes. However, I was wrong with all of the above. His car smelled like apple, and leather - something I noticed a few minutes after sitting in the truck.

"Favorite food?"

"Spaghetti! You?"

"Grilled steak. Mmm-mmm!" He licked his lips-a motion I got caught watching. He grinned that grin again and I felt the heat rise in my cheeks for what seemed like the hundredth time since meeting Ryder O'Connel, then he asked, "Have you ever been in a relationship?"

I looked away. "No. What's your favorite color?"

"You've never been in a relationship?" He looked to me as he stopped at a red light. "Black."

"You have a problem with that?" I looked back at him, tilting my chin up. "Plus, black is so over-used by you bad-boys."

A breath-taking smile brightened his face before he turned back to the road just as the light turned green. "I have no problem, what-so-ever. And black is cool, that's why it's over-used. Are you allergic to anything?"