Spin-Off Special #5

(Important announcement at the end!)

"The happiest that I've felt was that moment I discovered you loved me too."

Maya Granger

It has been two months.

Two months since I told Ryder I love him. Two months since we officially started dating. Two months and I still was trying to get accustomed to having a boyfriend. I didn't realize there was so much to do.

"Keys, bag, phone...okay, I think that's all," I looked around my room, nodded, and headed out. "I'm going over to Ryder's!" I hollered as I descended the stairs.

"Have fun!" Mom hollered back.

"Use protection!" Dad joined in, making me stop in my tracks just before I opened front door.

I turned around. "You're supposed to say, Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"

"That saying is too mainstream!"

Not knowing how to reply, I turned back to the door and exited the house. I jogged over to my car, and new baby, a white, 2014 Honda Accord Coupe. An early Chritmas gift from my parents. Sliding into the driver's seat, I quickly clipped my seat belt on, started the engine and was on the familiar road headed to the O'Connel residence in record time.

Ryder wasn't able to attend school, texting me about a fever. I gave him tips on how to get over it quickly, but he insisted that as his girlfriend it was my duty to see to his health. Hearing him call me his girlfriend still manages to make me a blushing mess. Just to humor him, I agreed to nurse him for the afternoon. Though I hadn't the slightest clue how to care for a sick person.

I pulled into the O'Connel's roundabout driveway, parking right behind a gray pick-up that I knew didn't belong to anyone in the O'Connel household.

Ryder's house still made stare in awe despite how many times I've seen it. I found out a few weeks after officially dating Ryder, when our families got together for dinner, just what Mr. and Mrs. O'Connel did for a living. Turns out, Hunter was a co-owner of a construction company, while Visca was the city's most sought after attorney. It explained the fancy, two-storey brick house that had an indoor heated pool, a gym in the basement, a fountain in the front yard, and at least ten guest bedrooms with adjoining bathrooms.

It was safe to say that the O'Connels were rich.

But despite having the money, they were a normal, down to earth family which made me question where Ryder got his dramatics from. Because I think everyone would agree with me that Ryder was not normal. Eccentric was the word I would use to describe my boyfriend. Nothing more. Okay, maybe unfairly hot, but I wouldn't tell him that as I didn't need his head getting any bigger than it already was.

Grabbing my purse from the passenger seat, I quickly got out of my car and jogged my way up the front porch steps. I pressed the doorbell and stood back when I heard Angel holler, "Be right there!"

"Maya!" She exclaimed upon opening the door, taking a cherry-colored sucker out of her mouth. She immediately opened her arms for a hug which I readily gave with a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Ryder called." I replied as she lead me inside.

She rolled her eyes with an endearing smile. "Of course. Only my brother would make such a big deal out of a mild fever. He's acting like he's about to die with all the people he called over."

I raised a brow in surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah." She pointed with her sucker to the grand staircase that lead up to the second floor. "Daniel and the gang's here as well."