Spin-Off Special #2 (Part Two)

Part Two

"I can't, and won't ever be able to, get enough of you.

-Leo Christopher"

Cherry Briggs

I blinked.

Was it really past ten in the morning? I rubbed my eyes before looking back to my phone. It was still ten. I stared up at the white ceiling. Ever since I became a mangaka my sleeping schedule was pretty much non-existant. There were times I was running on pure caffeine for several days straight.

It felt weird getting more than two hours of sleep. But it was undeniably refreshing.

Stretching, I got out of the bed, my destination in mind. As I reached the short hallway, the smell of coffee, bacon and eggs greeted me, making my mouth water.

"I forgot how much I missed your cooking," I said, entering the kitchen where Ashton was standing over the stove. I headed straight for the coffee pot where an empty, white mug was sitting next to it.

I filled it and added some vanilla creamer.

"Good morning to you, too." Ashton greeted, taking a sip from his own mug.

Too occupied with my coffee to return his greeting, I waved, before making my way around the small kitchen island that served as a divider and took a seat on one of the two bar stools there.

"How did you sleep?" He asked over his shoulder, flipping the eggs.

"Like a baby," I replied, blowing across my mug. "You?"

"The couch was surprisingly comfortable." Just then, the microwave beeped. Ashton turned the stove burner he was using on low, before going over to open the microwave. He brought out a tray of perfectly cooked bacon, and placed them unto a plate he had covered in a layer of table napkins, then he went back to the stove where he flipped the eggs one more time before placing one each on the plates he had already set out.

Then, adding several pieces of bacon, he brought the plates over and set one in front of me, before taking up the other barstool with his own plate.

"Thanks," I said, giving him a small smile.

"Anytime." He replied, before digging into his breakfast. I followed suit, and we ate in comfortable silence.

When we finished, Ashton showered while I did the dishes, and just as I finished, he came back into the kitchen dressed in some jeans, and a bright pink shirt I reconized as something I sent him for his birthday as a joke. In white letters, written in Japanese were the words, I am the BEST. I giggled at the sight, and he gave me a knowing smile while he towel dried his hair.

"I'm rocking it, aren't I?" He asked, wiggling his brows.

I only laughed harder. I had nothing else sarcastic to say seeing as he was right. He really was rocking the pink. Suddenly, Ashton was next to me, and pressing his lips against my cheek for the briefest of moments before pulling away, walking over to his fridge to retrieve a bottle of water.

It was so sudden my heart stalled for a second and my entire body froze, before everything went into overdrive with my heart beating a tattoo in my chest, and the heat crawling up my face once again. I felt like a teenager again. Like the highschooler I once was who struggled with controling her feelings for the boy who saw her as nothing more than a good friend.

"So, what do you want to do until we meet up with Maya and them tonight?" Ashton asked, snapping me out of my dazed state.

I quickly turned to him, willing myself to calm down. "What?"