Spin Off Special #1

"You are my today, and all of my tomorrows.

--Leo Christopher"

* * *

Maya was setting up her camera on a tripod, pointing the device in her husband's direction, where he was seated on the living room couch. He was typing on his laptop which he had placed on his long legs that were propped up on the coffee table.

Ryder knew his wife was up to something. She had used him as her guinea pig whenever she got a new camera or wanted to try a new technique. However, he had a feeling that she had something else in mind, and he didn't know whether he would like it or dislike it. She made her way towards him, sitting on the carpeted floor across him on the other side of the coffee table. He didn't look up from his laptop and waited for her to say something.

When Maya didn't, he caved in. "What is it this time?" He asked in an exasperated tone, though he couldn't help but smirk.

She grinned. "What would you want to be called?"

"What?" He asked, raising a perfectly groomed brow in confusion at her words.

Maya rolled her eyes in a way that obviously meant he should know what she was talking about, though she was still grinning. She seemed to be doing that a lot lately. "You know. Do you want to be called, Dad, or Daddy, or Dadster, or whatever children call their fathers these days?"

At the sight of her husband watching her with a blank face, Maya had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing out loud. She was nervous as hell, but the unexplainable joy that bubbled within her overruled it. She could see the wheels turning in his head, so she decided to give him one last push.

"I just want to know so that we don't confuse the kid when he or she come out." She said, gesturing towards her still flat stomach.

Ryder was instantly on his feet, his laptop carelessly tossed to the couch as he jumped over the coffee table and landed next to her. She was lifted up into his arms and swung around, their laughs of pure joy and excitement filling the air. Maya held onto Ryders neck tightly, tears starting to stream down her face when his quiet murmurs of I'm going to be dad reached her ears. He slowly stopped spinning and Maya automatically wrapped her legs around his lean hips, burying her head in the crook of his neck, while he simply held onto her as if she was his lifeline.

He was still chuckling when she pulled away a few moments later, looking up into his eyes. They shone brightly as he grinned from ear to ear. He asked, "Maya, I'm really gonna become a dad? Are you sure?"

"Yeah," she nodded framing his face with her hands, as another wave of fresh tears gathered at her eyes. "And I'm really gonna become a mom."

Ryder turned his head to place a kiss to her palm, before whispering, "We're going to be parents."

She nodded again, as if confriming his words. "We're going to be parents."

"I love you so much," he said quietly, leaning his forhead against hers with a deep breath. He didn't know what else to say except for the words that he uttered since the day they met.

Maya gave him an eskimo kiss, her smile widening when he returned the gesture. "I love you, too."

Silence enveloped the two once again, both lost in their own world. Both thinking of the future that awaits them. It won't be easy, they knew. They've had their share of ups and downs in the past, not only in their marriage but also in their dating life as well. But, they'll pull through, just like all those times. After all, they had made vows they intend to keep.

"So...just Dad?" Maya asked, breaking the silence.

Ryder smiled lovingly down at her. "We'll figure it out when the little trouble maker comes. I think we should come up with the kid's name first."

"Sounds good to me." She paused. "I'm going to say sorry now for the mood swings, and weird eating habits that are sure to come in the next nine months." Maya finished with a chuckle.

"Oh, god," her husband groaned, throwing his head back, though he was still smiling like an idiot. "What have I gotten myself into?"

She laughed. "I love you."

Ryder looked back to her. There was something in his eyes akin to awe, and it made her heart flutter. "I know."

At his words, she gave him a bewildered look. "You did not just pull a Han Solo on me."

"Yeah, what are you gonna do about it?"

"I will..."

"Huh? What are you gonna do about it?"

"You--"

"What?"

"Ryder, I swear to god--"

"Huh? Huh. Huh. Huh?"

Sigh.

"You're so lucky I love you."

* * *

Hey guys! So here it is. The begining of the Spin Offs (well, one shots really). There's gonna be several, and I hope you will enjoy them. I'm sorry it took so long, but I had a lot of school work to catch up on, and I kinda had a huge writer's block, so yeah. But I'm all good, for now at least. Anyways, if you liked, vote, and comment your thoughts. I would love to know what you guys think!

Cherry and Ashton's special up next!

(Unedited)