Spin-Off Special #7

"I want you today, tomorrow, next week, and for the rest of my life."

* * *

Maya loved the stay-in date nights she and Ryder have at her apartment. However, this particular one wasn't so enjoyable. Despite Sherlock playing on the television, the popcorn and drinks on the coffee table, her favorite, fluffy throw blanket wrapped around her, and her head resting on Ryder's lap, nothing seemed to ease or made her forget about the painful cramps twisting at her stomach.

Curled around a pillow and a bottle of warm water, Maya let out another groan as another wave of pain assaulted her. Ryder's hand immediately left its spot combing through her hair to rub comforting circles along her lower back. He didn't like seeing his girlfriend in such a state, but there was nothing he could really do. He had made sure she took some pain relievers, made sure she drank lots of warm liquids and provided her with food, but still, the pain remained.

He really couldn't imagine what it felt like.

"Do you need anything?" He asked softly, as if afraid she might break if he spoke too loudly.

"No," Maya replied with a shake of her head, eyes trained on the television screen with furrowed brows. Ryder bit the inside of his lower lip as the familiar feeling of helplessness washed over him. Every month ever since he and Maya started dating. "I am feeling a bit better though," she said, her hand coming up to rub his knee. "Thank you."

The smile that curled at his lips was one full of love and contentment. Sure, the situation wasn't particularly favorable, but in all honesty, he couldn't imagine himself being anywhere else but with the woman he loved at that moment. Or any moment for that matter. He didn't like being away from Maya, he was clingy like that, and Maya complained many times when he would call her whenever he can. But she still loved him. He wasn't perfect, hell, he scared her the first time they met, he has a temper, and gets jealous easily. Yet what other people saw as his flaws, she saw them as things that made him, well, him. And she loved him.

The only reason he knew was because of the one time they had a particularly bad fight. She came to him first, braving the early hours of the morning to drive to his house. She threw pebbles at his window as cliché as that was, but she really had no choice since his phone was off. He was surprised when he looked out his window. He climbed down using the water drain, something he was an expert at doing, and before he could say anything, she started talking. Beginning with, I love you, and proceeding to tell him why.

She was in tears when she finished, and Ryder wanted to kick himself in the ass. He was her boyfriend, he wasn't supposed to make her cry. He was supposed to make sure she had a genuine smile on her face all that time, make sure she was happy and know that she was loved. He held her in his arms then as tightly as he could as she buried her face in his chest, muffling her cries as he whispered his apologies over and over again.

Thinking back on that time still made his heart squeeze painfully. He didn't want to see his girlfriend's tears, ever again. Unless they were of joy.

His eyes immediately went over to his overnight bag that was still sitting at his feet. He wasn't planning on doing it anytime soon, but somehow, everything felt right at that moment. Just like the first time he met her. So, carefully, he reached down for his bag, and brought it up to the arm rest.

Maya didn't look up as he rummaged through his things for whatever he was looking for. But when he tapped her shoulder she angled her head so she could see his face. He was smiling as he gestured for her to sit up.

"Do I really have to?" She pouted.

"Yes, Maya, you do," he chuckled.

With a groan of protest, she slowly sat up and crossed her legs under her as she faced him. "What?"

She failed to noticed the little black box in his hands until he held it up to her and flicked it open.

Everything froze, then her heart started racing, her breathing shallowed, and she felt herself tremble as her eyes flickered from the simple golden band with a single diamond, to Ryder's sincere eyes. She couldn't see much of his face as the only source of light in the small livingroom was the television, but the emotion in his eyes were clear.

"Marry me." It wasn't a question, but there was a slight quiver in his voice as if afraid she would say no.

Tears started gathering in her eyes, and the next thing she knew, she was a crying mess. Ryder simply grinned as he continued to hold the engagement ring out to her. She sniffed. "You couldn't have waited until my hormones are no longer drunk? Or when I'm not in sweats and a hoddie?"

"Nah." He chuckled while he shook his head. Then, his face turned solemn, his eyes became unsure, and his hands shook. "So...what do you say?"

Maya immediately nodded, still in tears as a large smile lit Ryder's face. She watched as he carefully took the ring out of the box, and reached for her left hand. Carefully, he slipped it unto her ring finger, and a fresh wave of tears blurred her sight as Ryder suddenly pulled her towards him and crushed her to his chest as he laughed. The joy she felt was unexplainable as she clung to him, her hands bunching the material of his shirt.

To some, it may have not been perfect, but to her it was. She loved it.

She loved him.

* * *

Headaches are the worst!!! I don't wike it!

Anyways, yeah!! How did you guys like it?? I hope you liked it cuz I was really excited for this one. So if you did, leave a comment of your thoughts, and hit the vote button, in the face, LIKE A BOSS!!!! AND, highfives all round *exaggerated highfive sfx*. I'll see all you dudes, IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!! (jacksepticeye fans will know~)

Love,
DG❤

P.S. unedited