Bad Boy Troubles

Chapter Four:

Bad Boy Troubles

"I love being yours."

Maya Granger

"Why did you come to my place so early, anyways?" I asked Ryder, taking a bite of the chicken teriyaki he paid for.

"I wanted to meet your parents," he answered, before biting into the pizza he ordered.

After purchasing the shirt, and a couple more geeky stuff from Hot Topic, Ryder and I headed to the mall's food court.

I shook my head with a sigh. "My parents are not gonna let me live that down. What did you do to make my dad like you?" I gave him a suspicious look, "You didn't perform some sort of magic trick on him when I blinked, did you?"

"I did nothing if the sorts," he defended, "I was being honest. I can't believe you think so lowly of me, Maya." He fiend a look of hurt, and I simply stared at him with a straight face. He didn't look hurt at all. If anything, he looked constipated.

"You're a bad actor," I told him, before going back to my food. "Don't ever get into the acting business."

He sniffed, "Wow, I feel so loved."

Just then, my phone started vibrating, indicating that I got a message. I quickly unlocked the screen and groaned when I saw what it said.

From: Sakurachii

WHAT DID YOU DO???!!! I leave for a week, and get back today only to find out from Ashton — FROM ASHTON!!! — that you got suspended for punching Ryder O'Connel! Wow! Some friend you are! When were you going to tell me????

I sighed, before typing in a reply.

To: Sakurachii

Sakura, I am really sorry I didn't tell you. I've been...busy. Look, I'll make it up to you. Six packs of Pocky.

Satisfied with my answer, I hit send, and almost immediately got a reply from her.

From: Sakurachii

Make it twelve, and I won't hold a grudge.

I chuckled, knowing that she was probably pouting at that moment. I replied with a Deal, before going back to my food.

"Who was that?" Ryder asked.

"My other best friend, Cherry, or Sakura as she prefers," I answered. "She just got back from her grandparent's place, and got ticked off at me for having to find out from Ashton that I got suspended."

"I think I know her," he said, "Is she the Asian girl with pink hair?"

"Yeah, Filipina to be exact."

He nodded, "Yeah, I remember seeing her around Ashton at times before I got expelled."

"Speaking of expelled," I leaned a little closer over the table that separated Ryder and I. "How did you get back? I mean, you were expelled."

He leaned in as well, then smirked, his midnight blue eyes twinkling. Why does he have such beautiful eyes? "Unfortunately, I can't tell you, babe, 'cuz if I did, I'd have to kill you."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "One minute you love me, the next you're willing to kill me? Dude, you're seriously messed up."

"Falling for me yet?" He winked.

"Not even in the slightest," I deadpanned, before finishing up my chicken teriyaki. Ryder did the same with his pizza. Then, after cleaning up the table we used, we continued on with our "date," as mom had put it. I, on the other hand, did not see it as a date. It was more of an outing, really.