Shaky Ground

Y/n's p.o.v

The earthquake slowed to a stop as we I slid down the hill to my brother. "Toro.." he said with a slight smile, the burnt dinosaur stared at us with angry eyes as we stood nervously. She roared in our faces. "Yeah never were much for small talk.." Kenji said nervously.

We watched as Hawkes jumped on her neck, riding her like a bull as he dropped the controller. I picked it up as she walked swinging her head around angrily. I held the controller in my hand as she roared again making me hold my ears in pain. Hawkes was thrown off her head as I stopped her from chomping him in half like he was some candy bar. She of course froze and looked around with scared eyes. Kenji took the controller as I stood frightened. "Kenj we're making a huge mistake-" I started but he was too in shock he was controlling Toro.

I helped Hawkes up as he leaned against me till he got his footing. "Thank you both" he said as Kenji smiled. "Thank you too" I nodded as Dad ran down the hill "Kids!" He said. "That was some quick thinking, You realized the stego was scared before anything happened and look at you! Controlling Toro? However I wouldn't want a scarred dinosaur for the aesthetical look, but she should be enough to convince Biosyn" Dad smiled. Dad walked past us talking with Hawkes as I stood between Mae and Almond as we stood awkwardly looking at Toro.

Mae looked our way as dad walked off, her gaze set on Kenji as I chewed on my lip. We eventually began to walk, All of us walking behind dad. Toro followed behind as Mae looked at Toro. "She has a name already?" She asked with a smile. "No we named him way back when- I remember! Darius got locked in a cage and we called him Toro! Cause of the horns.." Kenji said but he lost his enthusiasm near the end.

"It's our fault she's scared, she was blown up and thrown off a cliff and someone still lives to this day, she's like Micheal Myers or Chucky? With that 'I always come back' bullshit" I said making Almond and Mae laugh. Kenji didn't understand since he didn't find horror movies good so he never watched them.

Kenji stopped as Mae looked at him "It's okay to miss-" "Mae! Almond! Join us!" Dad said as Kenji sighed looking at the ground. "Kenj come on.." I said as we began walking again. We stopped seeing territorial Stegos run out. "Hey! Hey! They're harmless.." I said as I walked up to them. I put my hand out like I was meeting a dog or a cat, they warmed up to my hand as I ran my hands along their scales. "I'll direct them just a second" I said. I rubbed my ears hearing a buzzing noise but I stood up and grabbed some leaves directing them away. I turned my back not noticing the drone pointed at Kenji and I...

"See? Out of the way" I said as I began walking again, Kenji nudged Hawkes as we all began walking. We came up to a dip in between a hill that we walked through, a dinosaur ran through bellowing as she pushes past Toro and out of the way. "Wait. Why would that parasaurolophus run directly towards a predator?" She asked as we looked around. I stopped seeing the small pebbles by my feet jumping off the ground. "We need to get out of here- now! There's another earthquake coming!" I shouted. Rocks began to fall as Mae fell. I helped her up before pushing her to Almond. "Go. Go!"

They quickly made it out as I turned to Kenji and Toro "Kenji!" I shouted. "Kids!" Dad exclaimed. The rocks began to topple over us as I shouted in pain feeling my foot get crushed under a rock. Groaning I pushed rocks away from my face and tried pulling my foot out of the rubble which didn't work any. I felt rubble being moved as I pushed my hand through trying to gain someone's attention. I felt the rubble on me get moved as Kenji and Toro were standing over me. "Holy crap! Your foot is so swollen!" Kenji said as he helped me up. I looked at my foot that was a purplish red Colour.

"Kenj I don't think I can walk-" I said as he nodded. "I'll carry you, don't worry" he said. He handed me the controller and helped me onto his back. "We should go find the others" he said as I nodded. "Come on Toritio, Let's go find everyone" Toro followed behind us as Kenji walked forward. She growled as I controlled her to walk beside us. We walked till it had gotten dark, Kenji had gotten too tired as he put me on top of Toro's back while we walked, I rested my head over hers as I looked around. My foot was back to its normal color but still incredibly swollen.

"Let's head to the penthouse- maybe they went there?" I suggested as Kenji nodded. "You're right, Let's look there first" We turned towards the direction of the penthouse as Kenji pushed through the bushes. "I don't think we're going to need anymore time dad! Toro here is.. pretty impressive" Kenji smiled as Toro walked out, I was still on her back as everyone looked happy to see the dinosaur and the Kon twins.

"Y/n! Your foot!" Mae said. Toro's head was lowered as I slid down, Mae helped me off as she sat me down pulling off my shoe. "You're hurt. Seriously hurt. Daniel. She needs a hospital." Mae said turning to my father who was praising Kenji. "Just wrap it in bandages- it'll be fine." Dad said rolling his eyes. Mae helped me up as she brought me into the penthouse. "I'll get you some ice and bandages, You stay here" she said. She quickly went off as I looked at my swollen foot in pain. Eventually she came back and helped wrap it up. Dad was obviously not to be trusted but I still had to protect Kenji.

Kenji was all that I needed to keep safe.

(Another injury is added to the list 😭 I know i make it seem like we get injuried almost every chapter/season but I'm just being realistic- every one of the kids would be dead from almost every scene they are in and it gets under my skin.. sorry kind of not sorry,
Love ya! Author 💋