Road Trip Part 1

I was in the middle of playing a game on my PlayStation as I heard a car park outside. My phone vibrated for some reason but I was on top of the leaderboard so no self respecting man would stop to check his phone. Then about 30 seconds later I heard a familiar voice.

"HEY, (Y,N)! HURRY UP, LET'S GO! WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY!" Jubilee shouted. That's when I realized this was the first time I'd have seen Jubilee since the whole Godzilla strip game. That's a combination of words I thought I'd never think of together. We'd sent a couple memes back and forth but we hadn't spoken in person or even vocally over the phone.

"GIMME FIVE MINUTES I'M ALMOST DONE!" I said.

"Can't he just pause it and like play it when he gets back?" I heard Kitty ask.

"IT'S AN ONLINE GAME!"

"Okay and!?" Kitty yelled back.

"HE CAN'T PAUSE IT!" Jubilee answered for me.

"Why are you yelling!? I'm right next to you!" Kitty... yelled.

"I THINK MY VOICE IS STUCK AT THIS VOLUME!" Jubilee said.

"(Y,N) I'm coming up to take a whizz in your bathroom!" Laura shouted.

"Laura, TMI!" I heard Kitty say.

"(Y,N) I'M COMING UP TOO!" Jubilee said.

"WHY ARE YOU GONNA WATCH LAURA TAKE A PISS!?" I asked.

"I'M NOT GOING UP TO WATCH LAURA TAKE A PISS I'M COMING UP TO BACKSEAT GAME! I WANNA SEE YOU GET SHIT ON!"

"That's fucking disgusting!" Dazzler said.

"NO NOT SHIT ON LIKE ACTUALLY I MEAN-"

"For the love of God, Jubilation Lee! Can you stop shoutin' about people usin' the bathroom!?" Rogue said.

"Wow, full government name and everything." I muttered. It was quiet outside for a minute before there was a knock on my door. "It's open!" I called out.

"Yo." I heard Laura say but I didn't take my eyes off the game. I was slightly surprised when I got a hug from behind. It wasn't from Laura, though, considering I heard the bathroom door close a few seconds prior.

"Sup, nerd." Jubilee said as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Hey, Jubes. You here to shit on me?"

"Yes and no. But let me get that out of the way. Really? A shotgun? No scope people with a sniper like a man."

"Alright, what was the other reason you're here."

"Because I miss you, dummy, and I wanted to spend a quick second with you alone in case I don't get it later this weekend."

"That's... surprisingly wholesome."

"What? I'm totally wholesome like, all the time!" She said. "How come you never called after?"

"I'm a criminal superhuman mutant with a job and going to school. I don't ring people up that often."

"I... that's fair."

"What about you? How come you never called? The phone works both ways, Y'know."

"Well I was waiting for you to call first, duh!"

"We're having this petty squabble for no reason. It's not like we're dating or anything."

"Well I mean... we cou-" Jubilee stopped once my bathroom door opened again. She hopped off me and quickly sat next to me. "Geez, can you land a single one of your shots!?" She said.

"Are you still playing this game?" Laura asked walking over.

"It's a deathmatch. We gotta kill 75 people to win. I'm almost done."

"Almost done getting his ass kicked. He's just gotta wonder into 13 more bullets." Jubilee said. The two of them watched me play for a second before I won (obviously, I'm the best) before we went down to the van that they had.

"It's about freaking time!" Kitty said leaning out of the passenger window to greet us. "Hey (Y,N). How's it going?"

"Hey, Kitty." I greeted her back. She had on a pink sweater and a white shirt underneath it from what I saw, as well as shades on. Laura had on a leather jacket with white fur on it over the Jimmy Lloyd shirt she got from the GCW show and blue jeans. Jubilee has on a hot pink tank top underneath yellow overalls with her usual shades on. Rogue got out of the car and surprised me with a hug.

"Woah, hey! Don't put him into a coma before we even get there!" Jubilee protested. I couldn't help but feel she had ulterior motives to her objection. Rogue had her hair in a ponytail for once. She also wore her green hoodie over a black tube top and red pants, like a sexy English teacher or something. Of course she still had her gloves on as well. She let go of me and smiled.

"Hey."

"Hey." I smiled back.

"You ready to get goin'?"

"Yeah. I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little nervous meeting your mutant friends."

"Relax, sugar. You'll fit right in." Rogue said before the van honked a really long honk.

"Let's go already! I have a 3 hour playlist for a 2 hour drive! I don't wanna hear any repeats!" Allie shouted from the driver seat. Allie unlocked the trunk. "Pack your shit and let's go!" I decided to listen to the scary punk girl and threw my bag in before opening the doors to get in. It was one of those vans with a driver seat and the passenger seat in front, two seats in the middle, and the backseat that could fit three people. I got in and sat in the back. "Now that that's out of the way-" Allie said before turning around and smiling. She had on a trucker hat with a "D" drawn on it with marker and Star shades. "Heya, dude! It's been a sec! Ya know, by a sec I mean two days."

"Hey, Allie. What's up?"

"Oh you know, same old same old." She said before Jubilee jumped into the back with me. She sat to my right and swung her legs over so they were resting on my lap. She pulled her glasses down slightly with a smirk.

"So, come here often?" She asked me.

"I didn't even know you guys had a car. No, I don't come here often." I said. Rogue gently picked up her feet and moved them so she was sitting forward before plopping down to my left.

"We'll have to fix that in the future, then." She said with a smile. Laura sat in the seat in front of Jubilee.

"Hey, Jubie, you like your feet, right?" Laura asked her.

"Yeah, I think they're pretty neat feet, why?" Jubilee responded before Laura brought out her claws.

"Then don't kick the seat while I'm asleep, 'kay?" She said before retracting them.

"Why don't you sit in front of Rogue, then!? She doesn't have ADHD like me!"

"You don't have ADHD either, Jubilee." Kitty looked back.

"I took a test online after the death predictor and the 'which Star Wars character are you' quiz!"

"What did you get for Star Wars character?" I asked.

"Han Solo!" She answered me with the same amount of defensiveness as she was answering the others.

"And how're you gonna die?" Dazzler asked.

"From a car cr-... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH-"

"HEY, JUBIE YOU LIKE YOUR VOCAL CHORDS RIGHT!?" Laura shouted reclawing. Jubilee then put her hands over her mouth.

"This is gonna be a long trip, I can already tell." Allie said readjusting the mirrors.