Ch 16

Zeta roared as he was thrown into a diner. He stood back up and popped his knuckles before leaping out towards the Lancer. The Lancer was knocked onto it's back with Zeta on top. Zeta revved his drill and brought it down onto it's face.... Only for the drill to bounce of the helmet and stab into the ground. The Lancer punched Zeta across the face, knocking him off and leaving the drill in the floor.
The Lancer got to it's feet and grabbed Zeta's ankle. It started to spin, hitting Zeta's head on the stone wall and throwing him across the room.

Zeta knew he couldn't take the Lancer on with just brute strength. He tried using plasmids but the Lancer kept getting up, and now Zeta didn't have any more juice left to use the plasmids. And he just now lost his drill, leaving him with the thin syringe blade on his left arm. He normally relied of Elise to provide information and locate the weak points of an opponent. But she hasn't answered the radio, neither has Sinclair, making him believe something bad happened.

Zeta stood up and stared down the Lancer as it stood in place huffing, porthole a hellish red just like his. The armor was to thick to penetrate and could withstand intense heat and electricity. Zeta huffed as he ripped out a metal pipe from the wall.

'Brother...'

Zeta's vision was filled with a young lady in a white dress and loose black hair. Eleanor... She appeared once more, but where was Rosé?

'Mother has grown impatient. She sent a.....a....a THING to deal with you! Please, Hurry!'

Zeta shook his head, blinking his eyes as his vision returned to normal. How could he get to the daycare? He didn't even know where he-... Zeta groaned as a headache attacked. When it stopped, he knew exactly where he was and where to go.

The Lancer turned it's attention to the pipe in Zeta's hand and tilted it's head. It turned and grabbed a stone pillar holding up a building with both hands. It roared as it ripped the pillar out of place and turned to Zeta.

Zeta raised the pipe as high as he could, staring down the Lancer. Zeta roared as he threw the pipe at the Lancer before turning tail and ran away. The Lancer groaned as the pipe bounced off it's helmet. It roared, throwing the pillar at the dinner, crushing it, before it ran after Zeta.

Left. Right. Left. Left. Right. Straight. The directions repeated in Zeta's head like Andrew Ryan did on the radio years ago. He beat the Lancer in terms of speed, but he didn't doubt that it could sniff him out. He came to a building entrance in the aquarium like walls. It was a metal wall and door with faded art of children on it. Without hesitation, he pulled his fist back and punched a hole through the door before jumping through it.

It was here somewhere. Zeta walked through the main room, feeling light headed as he tasted blood on his lips, possibly from a nose bleed. He then saw a pull buggy with a jar of fire flies and a Plasmid jar on it. On the floor had a drawing of two girls handing Zeta a gift. So a plasmid would help him? He walked towards it, stepping on a toy scuba diver and crushing it.

As he walked towards it, outlines of ghosts or something from the past flashed before him. Children laughing and dancing. In the corner was a scientist talking to the caretaker before pointing to a little girl. The caretaker nodded and called her over. The scientist took her hand and tugged her away as she resisted.

Zeta grabbed the plasmid container and noticed a plasmid syringe attached to it. He took the needle and injected the plasmid into him. He shivered as ice started to form around his hands. It was the same one Sinclair had? It made sense, plasmids (the powers) are marked by DNA.

Zeta turned around as the Lancer charged through the wall instead of the door.

It charged, fist raised and ready to beat the shit out of Zeta.

Zeta caught the punch, bending his knees, and caught the second one. Zeta gritted his teeth and concentrated. The ice around Zeta's arms started to travel up the Lancers arms before freezing it solid. Zeta pulled, ripping off the Lancer's arms. The Lancer roared in pain as it stumbled backwards. Zeta dropped the arms and took the chance to shoot ice at the Lancer, trapping it in solid ice.

Zeta stood up, ready to kill this poor son of a bitch. Before he could even act, the Lancer shattered into tiny pieces of ice. Zeta looked back up and saw the woman from before standing there with a shotgun and a big bag on her back.

"Their more fragile while frozen. Yet the ice is strong enough to hold things in place." Elizabeth smiled as she lowered the gun. "It's good to see you again-!"

Zeta smacked the gun out of her hands and grabbed her throat and pressed her against the wall. She clawed at his hand as he lifted her up. He knew she shouldn't be here. She was supposed to be with Elise and Sinclair. If she even laid a finger on Elise, he would not hesitate to kill her, no matter what connection he felt with her.

"S-stop!" She struggled to speak as he tightened his grip. He could easily rip out her jugular.... He just has to pull. "T-They sent-t me to h-help you!"

Zeta groaned as he dropped her to the ground. She held her throat and gasped for air.

"You.... Never choked me like that before." She muttered, blush forming on her cheeks. She looked up and noticed he was walking away. "H-hey wait!"

Zeta didn't have time to deal with her. He needed to retrieve his drill and figure out how Sofia Lamb could control a big daddy. While it was a new addition to the protector series, a big daddy never attacked unprovoked. Another thing-- the Lancer was defeated by ice? Something didn't add up...but he wasn't the brains, Elise was.

"Hey!" Elizabeth stood infront of him, shotgun in hand. "Where are you going?"
Zeta pushed past her as he entered the plaza.  He walked towards his drill and pulled it out of the ground. The edges were dented. He latched it onto his belt then froze.

He was being watched.

He turned around and scanned the plaza. The buildings were dead, void of life. Windows boarded up, walls destroyed. His senses were screaming for him to act, but to what? Nothing could sneak up on him, nothing. He quickly turned his head upon hearing footsteps. It was Elizabeth.

"Hey- WAIT!" Elizabeth gasped out as she stopped infront of him, gasping as she held her knees. When Zeta looked back towards the plaza, the uneasy feeling was gone. "Don't waste your time going to the train. It left to the next station. I can take you there!"

Zeta groaned before walking away. Elizabeth watched in disbelief. He was ignoring her! Although not out of spite, he was ignoring her for a different reason. She began to ramble on about something.

He smelled something. He smelled a Little Sister. The scent had came out of no where! Looking at the dark building ahead, he flicked a switch on his suit, making the lights flash on the fourth floor were the wall was destroyed.

Dead little sisters hanged from the ceiling. What was left of little sisters. Parts of the heads missing, limbs severed, guts emptied. Narrowing his eyes he could see four long claw marks on a body and the wall. Zeta's anger boiled, sparks of electricity appearing on his fingers. Damn reaching Elise and Sinclair, he will kill the bastards that did this!

"Hey, the station is the other way!" Elizabeth shouted as Zeta ran the other way, unaware of what he saw. She took a step and nearly fell. "Damn this thing is heavy!" She cursed, readjusting the bag on her back before going after Zeta.

Unknown to them, thin, long, pale fingers with sharp black nails came through the crack of a boarded up window and lightly drummed on the boards.

Inhuman breaths could be heard along with a vibrating clicks as it pulled his fingers back in through the boards.

END.

Hope you enjoyed!

Honestly it felt odd not writing Elise or Sinclair. But the next couple of chapters will be with Elizabeth!

Criticism is welcome!