008. real life.

BIRDIE COHEN was nervous to meet with argyle. nervous. birdie never gets nervous, he's full of jitters and bundles of energy, he doesn't get shy, or nervous, he's always overly confident, a bit too confident for his own good. but meeting argyle, he definitely was way too nervous. for some reason.

totally not because they were growing a crush on argyle. no. no way! no. not the case. at all. but the moment they saw the long haired man in sight and that big goofy grin on his face, their whole body felt warm and their brain turned into a big messy pile of mush, so they just smiled back and waved at the older.

argyle was chill. super chill, greeted birdie normally and the two got to "work" on the cohen teaching him how to skateboard. at first it was easy, but when argyle first got on the skateboard, he sort of... fell, so turns out he was super uncoordinated.

but birdie's had this problem before when teaching will byers and mike wheeler to skate when they were 12, so he was super patient and just kept teaching argyle. that was until they both sort of gave up and argyle said he was "a visual learner", so birdie went skateboarding around the skatepark as argyle watched with a small smile on his face, occasionally snapping photos or videos of birdie who eventually came to sit by him.

when birdie made the post, argyle was giggling as he typed up his comment and birdie peered at his phone. "do not comment that!" he laughed and argyle posted it anyway. the topic of the adam levine cheating controversy was argyle's first conversation topic when he got here as birdie just listened and nodded the whole time. "it's funny!" argyle claims.

"so, how do you know those kids?" argyle asked as birdie sipped his water. "uh, i use to babysit for them a lot. their moms love me!" he smiled widely and argyle laughs. "i knew max first, taught her how to skateboard when she was only like 8 or 9. and then she met these annoying other kids, lucas, dustin, mike and will. i taught will and mike to skateboard too and lucas and dustin were far into their heads over their mutual crush of max, so they didn't bother to learn." he explained.

"oh, cute. so you're like good with kids?" argyle asked and when birdie glanced at him, the long haired man's eyes were on him, a small smile on his face. he shrugs nonchalantly, "yeah. i guess." he merely smiles back as he sat up straight and reached over to his backpack to grab his snack baggies.

"want some cut up strawberries?"

"i love strawberries!"

eventually they got up and headed to argyle's van where they went into the back to get high. in there, birdie finally pulled his crop top back on and laid down, sighing and stretching. argyle watched him the whole time then laid down next to him, coughing quietly.

"weed's the best." birdie mumbled then remembered he was supposed to text nancy, so he quickly sat up to grab his phone and text her. "want me to play some music?" argyle asked and the cohen hums in response as he was texting nancy. argyle picked a random playlist and of course pass the dutchie played first as he stretched and yawned quietly.

birdie scoffed quietly at nancy's last message and laid down again, closing his eyes. "my friends are so weird about us." he sighed and argyle chuckles. "nancy?" he asked and birdie hums. "purple palm tree delight... is very much such a delight." the shorter haired male says and the long haired man chuckles. "yeah... it's my favourite." he giggles.

"oh my god... i love this song." birdie whispered when the song changed to the spins. "is it weird i listened to it on repeat for seven whole hours after you told me it was your favourite?" argyle whispered and birdie's head was reeling as he took in how close the other was to him. "not weird at all." he smiles big.

"i sort of took a listen to your favourite, but it wasn't really my style so i only listened once." he said then giggled when argyle frowned at him but then slowly smile at the sound of his laughter. "you're cool, bird..." he mumbled and birdie looks at him, smiling softly back at him. "you're cool too, argy..."

authors note
bird and argy 🥹🥹🥹
anyways you guys ever had gay thoughts? lmao