022. real life.

EVERYONE AT the skatepark, well their friends, were all now coupled up, nancy sitting with jonathan as they hold hands, smiling at each other, steve was sitting down and eddie had sat onto his lap and only robin was left for birdie to even talk to.

"so, what's going on in the vickie category in your life, robster lobster?" birdie asked as he skates in a circle around her, the sandy blonde following him by spinning around. "oh, you know... waiting for her to dump her stupid boyfriend." she says and he laughs. "like with most girls you crush on?" he asked and she rolls her eyes. "shut up, bird."

"what about you and argyle? how's it going with you two?" she smiles and he shrugs. "not much to tell... we just got together a while ago, we spend some days together. his parents love me. and his--" "wait, you've already met his parents? you guys are practically married." her saying that causes birdie to stop in his tracks and look at her with annoyance.

"i met his parents before we dated." he says and she just blinks, sighing. "thank god you stopped, i was getting dizzy." she says and he chuckles lightly, kicking up his skateboard to pick it up. "it's getting chilly. we should head to benny's." he says, glancing over at the others. "do you guys wanna go to benny's?"

"sure! let's go, i brought my car."

nancy bringing his car meant two front seats for her and jonathan, two seats in the middle for steve and eddie then the far back three seats were free, so robin and him got in, sitting there in the back, sending each other glances before looking back at the couples, seeing their hands were connected in the middle, so birdie grins widely, holding out his hand towards robin who took it in her hand, going along with mocking the two couples. she then exaggeratedly puckered her lips towards birdie as they then giggle quietly together.

she smiles, looking to the front as he does the same. at benny's, birdie and robin went ahead of the others, leading the way to their usual booth by the windows after greeting benny who's working at the front counter.

when they sat down to eat and order, birdie fished out his phone from his pocket. he kept glancing up at the others who are talking and discussing what to do over the weekend as birdie just waited for a response but got nothing, so he put away his phone, glancing away and frowning slightly.

steve noticed and scooted closer, leaning over to him. "what's wrong, bird?" the cohen quickly turns his head to look at him. "argyle's not replying even though he usually always does." he explains and steve leans back, raising his brows. "he did say he was busy, right?" he asked and birdie just shrugs.

"i guess you're right." he murmured, looking away and seeing eddie was watching them, while also listening to nancy talk, softly nodding. birdie just smiled at them then got up, "i'm gonna be right back." he says.

when birdie returns, nancy looked at him with a wide smile on her face. "we're going to steve's after, he says there will be beer and stuff so we're having a little party. are you coming?" she asked a bit too enthusiastically and he pretends to think about it. "fine, i'm in."

birdie shouldn't have said yes, no, he had plans with argyle. but he was being a little petty. because after their supper, not only has he not been replied to by his own boyfriend, he was now only left on read. on read. this is his first relationship, yeah, so he doesn't have much experience with relationships and how they work. but he knows they're not supposed to leave you on READ. so he was being a major dick. by blowing off argyle.

but it wasn't necessarily argyle's fault either. he was sitting before his tutor, listening to the man explain whatever a quadratic something was, but was zoning out, because he was starting to feel... annoyed. he wanted to go to the skatepark, like really badly, like his other friends. but every fridays are spent being tutored by some community college kid doing it for the money and he needs the help, otherwise he might not graduate.

so when he discreetly slips his phone over, turning it on and about to reply to birdie's 'hey argyle, just wanted to make sure i come over at 7:30 right?' he was about to reply when the phone was snatched out of his hand. "hey! i do not get paid twenty bucks an hour for you to slack off and stare at your phone like a mindless zombie." frank points to his head and argyle just quietly let out a sigh.

"i could get you fired, man. no need to be a dick." he said and frank sat down across from him. "i am sorry. midterms are kicking my ass and you are not helping. can you just focus?" he asked and argyle just nods. "yeah, of course, dude, i'm sorry." he says but then the dickhead puts his phone into his pocket, continuing to tutor argyle about some sort of science shit the stoner was not good at.

authors note
i was originally gonna write argyle being bad at math but i feel like he'd be amazing at that shit, like he'd catch everyone off guard too so yeah. anyways, i'm kinda bored lols

+ i slept in because i drank a bit with my friend last night so here's an extra update with the other three today