Chapter 2: FIVE

RING!!!

Class had ended. Y/n hadn't been paying attention during that lesson. He was too busy thinking about her.

"Nino Nakano..." he thought to himself, "pretty cute name..."

Y/n had planned on trying to find Nino again at lunch time, but remembered he promised to go see Fuutarou. Y/n and Fuutarou had been friends ever since they had met in Kyoto, 5 years ago. Y/n begun to think back on that trip, one of his favourite memories. He met a new friend who he talks to almost everyday through text, and then he had met someone else... was it a girl? Y/n couldn't remember clearly.

Y/n kept walking through the packed hallways of Asahiyama High, trying to follow the piece of paper he was given as a map. The hallway was so cramped that Y/n was barely able to walk forward since so many others were heading in the opposite direction to him.

bump

Someone had walked directly into him. Y/n looked up and froze. He couldn't believe it! It was Fuutarou!

"Fuutarou???" Y/n gasped, "is that you?"

"Oh brother..." Fuutarou sighed.

"IT'S BEEN SO LONG!!!" Y/n squealed embracing Fuutarou in a tight hug.

"Let go of me" Fuutarou told Y/n, "I don't want people to think I'm willing to talk to them..."

"How the fuck is that supposed to work?"

"Well if yo-, actually nevermind, just follow me to the cafeteria"

"Okie Dokie boss!"

Y/n followed Fuutarou through the school. Turns out he'd been walking in the complete wrong direction the entire time.

"So buddy" Y/n said with a smirk on his face, "how've you been?"

"Perfectly fine".

...

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE THIS BORING???"

"Stop shouting, you'll get scolded by a teacher."

"Well if you weren't so dull maybe I wouldn't have to shout!"

Eventually, the two boys made it to the cafeteria. It was extremely loud. All you could hear was the gibberish made up of all the conversations currently occurring in the space.

"Pretty loud in here, ay?" Y/n asked Fuutarou as they we weaving past various other tables and students.

"I guess so" Fuutarou responded, "never really paid attention to it."

"You confuse me."

Y/n was looking around, seeing if he could possibly spot Nino from anywhere.

There.

The bright pink hair, butterfly ribbons, this was definitely her. She was sitting at a table around 10 metres ahead of Y/n and Fuutarou. Y/n noticed she was sitting with a group of people. He wondered how she'd made friends so fast. Then he realised something.

"They look a little familiar" Y/n thought to himself, "probably nothing."

"Hey Nino-san" Y/n said with a smug grin on his face, as he walked past her table, doing a little wave.

Nino just glared at him.

After he'd walked pass, he heard one of Nino's friends speak up.

"Ara-Ara, was that the cute guy from your class you mentioned Nino?" her friend asked, "I guess he is pretty cute."