Chapter 11: PREPARATION

I apologise for the size of this chapter, as it is meant to be a small bridge towards the field trip arc. Hope you enjoy :)!!!

————

"You look fugly in that mask man" Y/n told Fuutarou, giving him a weird look as he sat there staring at him, wearing the mentioned mask.

"Shut up!" His friend responded in annoyance, "It's not my fault I have to prepare all the horror costumes to prepare for the school trip! My class nominated me for it while I was doing self-study..."

Y/n couldn't help but burst into laughter at Fuutarou's defensive response. "Oh man, that's rough! Getting stuck with the horror costumes while doing self-study, maybe pay more attention in class next time ya know..."

"We can't have a tutor who doesn't pay attention in his classes!" Yotsuba, who was sitting across the table with Miku, chimed in, "Not a good thing at all!"

"I was STUDYING!!!" He shouted out in frustration, taking the mask off him in the process.

The library monitor walked past, giving all four of them an uneasy glare.

"Quiet in the library..." She growled as she continued on past them, they bowed their heads in apology.

"Anyway..." Fuutarou continued, "I will make those dunces pay by scaring the living daylights out of them..."

"Really getting into this whole bit aren't you..." Miku commented.

Y/n signed, "He won't stop I'm afraid..."

"Ooo! I just remembered something about the field trip!" Yotsuba told them, right as Y/n's phone went off. He quickly grabbed the device to muffle the sound before he opened it and answered.

"You need something, I'm in the middle of assisting with tutoring man... SORRY! I didn't mean to call you man it was just a reflex!... Yeah, alright, alright I'll be there soon, seeya."

Y/n turned to the others, who had been listening in.

"Uhh I gotta bounce," He told them, "Nino's being demanding... I'll talk to you guys later."

He rushed out of the school library and made his way to the exit.

Miku rolled her eyes, "Nino..."

Yotsuba once again spoke up, "So anyways! There's a really cool legend associated with the campfire dance on the last night!"

————

Y/n walked into the Nakano apartment building, looking around for his friend that had called him up in a rush.

"Looking for Nino?" Itsuki asked him, she was positioned at the table, seeming to be doing some study of her own, "She's in her room, make sure you knock."

"Alright, thanks Itsuki" Y/n told her, to which she returned with a thumbs up. Y/n made his way up the steps to their second floor and made his way to Nino's room. He gave her door a good old knock before stepping back.

"Ninooooo, it's Y/n." He called out, he heard some footsteps quickly rush towards the door, which was swung open almost immediately.

"Y/n! Get in. Now." She told him, grabbing his arm and yanking him inside her room as she shut the door.

He stood there for a few seconds as Nino went back to scrambling around her room, selecting clothes and throwing them on her bed and vice versa. She then stopped and walked over to Y/n.

"I need your opinion on some of these clothes." She told him, a hint of desperation in her voice, "I'm deciding upon some for the field trip we leave for soon."

"As long as you aren't getting nude then sure, I can do that." He responded, giving her a smile, to which she gave him a disapproving look.

"Don't be a perv... Now do I look good in this?" She asked, doing a small 360-degree rotation for him.

"Yeah, great as always." Y/n responded, seating himself down on her bed.

She blushed ever so slightly before continuing, "Or... just wait, LOOK AWAY! I HAVE TO CHANGE!"

"SORRY!"

She quickly changed her top as the boy seated on her bed looked into the wall, admiring the few posters she had displayed on there.

"Alright, how about this?"

"That's like the same thing but with purple instead of blue accents..."

"Shush!"

Y/n got up and walked over to her, getting right up in her face.

"You should honestly stop fretting so much about everything, it's gonna be absolutely a-ok." He told her, giving her a smile as he grabbed her hand and gave it a small squeeze.

"I just wanna make sure I pick the right things..." She said, looking up at him.

"Guess what, only you can make those decisions!" Y/n responded with a smile, "I'm not doing them for you!" 

"Ugh, you're annoying... but you're right..." Nino groaned.

"Is that all you called me up for?" Y/n asked her.

"Pretty much... you're free to leave now if you'd like." She said, nodding.

"Alright, I gotta work on some homework I was assigned, I'll might pop in later, seeya." He called out as he walked towards her door.

Before he could make it there, Nino called out to him. He turned around to answer her.

"Wait, Y/n!"

"Yeah?"

"Uhm... there's this thing with the campfire on the last night..."

"Oh, I completely forgot about that if I'm honest... yeah what about it?

"I wanted to know, if you'd... dance with me?"

Y/n gave her a smile.

————

Uhh little tiny chapter for you. Next chapter(s) will probably be the field trip. Whenever that chapter comes, IDK! My mental health sucks ass right now so I'm not up for writing too much of this.

You may ask any questions about this book or anything else atm so go ahead. Suggestions for the book as well would be awesome! A little inspiration would be great <3

ALSO TYSM FOR ALMOST 10K READS!!!! AHHHH!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS. Didn't believe I was gonna get this far :3

Check out my other stories if you have the time, it'd be awesome (I think they're better written than this one tbh) See you guys soon!!

-Pastel