Chapter 12: DRIVE

Fuutarou hadn't shown up to the departure zone outside of the school at all.

"She asked me to fill in for Uesugi's spot on the committee for the test of courage!" Itsuki told Y/n, who was extremely confused, "Is he not here?"

"I'm texting him right now." He responded, opening his phone up and shooting out a quick text.

Yotsuba appeared from behind Itsuki, seeming all bright and bouncy as always.

"Where's Uesugi-san?" She asked, looking around the small area they were currently occupying.

"That's what we want to know Yotsuba..." Itsuki said, starting to get a little annoyed.

Beep

"Did he say something!?" Itsuki asked him, snatching the phone out of his hands.

"Calm down Itsuki..." Y/n sighed.

"He's... oh..." The red-haired girl tried to say.

Y/n turned to Yotsuba, "Raiha's sick, he's taking care of her. He told me to just forget about him..."

"WHAT! We can't do that!" Yotsuba shouted, getting a little upset.

"I doubt his Dad is there to take care of her, so he'll probably have to miss this trip, which sucks, but there's nothing we can really do..."

Itsuki was staring at the screen still, seeming to be lost in her train of thought.

"I have an idea."

————

Fuutarou climbed into the Quint's limousine. 

"Took you long enough..." Y/n told him, raising his eyebrows.

"You know my sister comes first Y/n" Fuutarou told him. 

Y/n chuckled, "Fair enough. But remember you still haven't gotten out of doing your job for the test of courage!"

Fuutarou sighed, "Great. Just what I needed."

The limousine left, now heading towards their school camp. The Quints were chatting amongst themselves, with Nino seated beside Y/n and chatting his ear off.

"If you do the test of courage with anyone but me, I'm going to kill you, okay?" Nino told him, giving a bright smile

Y/n laughed, trying to ease Nino's playful threat. "Alright, alright. You have the exclusive rights to me... for now..."

Nino's grin widened. "Good. I have a reputation to maintain, you know? WAIT FOR NOW?"

As the limousine continued on its journey, the conversation shifted among the Quints.

"So, Y/n, have you ever done a test of courage before?" Ichika asked, leaning forward to join the conversation.

Y/n shook his head. "Not really. This will be a first for me."

Itsuki chimed in, "It's usually a lot of fun. And sometimes a bit scary, depending on how they set it up."

Fuutarou, who had been quiet, nodded in agreement. "The success of a test of courage lies in the atmosphere and setting. If they can create the right ambiance, it can be quite an experience."

Yotsuba, always the optimist, added, "I heard there might be some twists this year. Should be interesting!"

"You're literally the one running it Yotsuba..." Miku added, sighing.

"Oh! I forgot" She responded, giving a rash smile.

The limo came to a sudden stop.

"Why'd we stop Ebata-san?" Itsuki called out.