The Not-So-Great Uncle

Y/N's Perspective
Sunday, 7/04/2024
Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex, Hurricane, Utah

Roxy and I sat in the front lobby quietly, waiting for Vanessa to arrive. Neither of us said anything, and the silence was almost deafening.

"So..." Roxy said, looking down at her lap as she rubbed her left arm with her right. "What happened last night?"

I sat silently, trying to think about how to talk about it. The fact of the matter was that I didn't want to talk or think about it, plain and simple, but my mind wouldn't let me do that. It was the only thing I could think about, and it made me sick to the stomach.

"Y/N...?" Roxy leaned forward, her hair falling over her shoulder as she did. I looked to my left at her and the frown on my face grew a little, making her hesitate. "I know it must be hard to think about..." She whispered.

I sat up straight and looked at her, about to talk until my vision blurred before me, temporarily taking me back to the burning Pizzaplex, the robotic and melting Roxy looking at me with a cold, lifeless stare.

I shook my head and shut my eyes, trying to get rid of the image. I started shaking, and before I knew it I felt two arms wrap around me, pulling me close to a large, fuzzy body mass.

I instinctively wrapped my arms around Roxy, sobbing silently into her fur as she gently rubbed my back. I could tell that the wolf was on the verge of tears herself, the slight tremble present in her voice every time she whispered something to try and comfort me.

We stayed like that for a while until I eventually stopped crying, sitting back and sniffling as I wiped my face with my arm.

"Do you want to head back to the green room?" Roxy asked after a moment, her voice soft and caring. "I think the others are still in there."

I nodded after a moment and we both stood up, making our way towards Roxy's green room.

...

On the way there, Roxy briefly outlined what happened while I was out, and I myself was shocked at some of the things she said happened. She told me that it was a lot scarier in person, which didn't make me feel any better.

"So..." The five of us sat in a circle on the floor, in the middle of the room. "I guess I should fill you all in on what happened..."

"I'd actually very much like an explanation as to why exactly you were passed out in the Daycare, so please..." Roxy looked at me, her face a mix of emotions. "Go ahead."

I let out a deep sigh and thought for a moment, recounting the nights' events in my head.

"It started back when we were eating dinner... or when we were about to, at least." I turned to Freddy. "Do you remember how I jumped the counter and raced into the kitchen suddenly?" I asked, Freddy nodding to confirm that was what happened.

"I had done that because I saw a figure dash across the room behind you - Vanny. She wore a patched up bunny suit, but it wasn't like one of those ones they put on the endoskeletons back at the old pizzerias. It was skin-tight, and the front had glowing red eyes. They made me sick to my stomach, but for the longest moment I could do nothing but stare. It disappeared into the vent on the right hand side of the room just before Roxy came in and pulled me out, but I still needed to figure out what it was."

"Why didn't you tell us about it at the time?" Chica asked, clearly concerned.

"I didn't feel the need to worry you four with the news that somebody was sneaking around the Pizzaplex... I deemed it unnecessary at the time, since I thought I'd be able to catch her and get her out. So when Roxy and I finished dropping everyone off at their green rooms, I went on my rounds to see if I could find her, and that's exactly what happened.

"I was about to step into the elevator to head to the atrium when she tried to slip past me and hide in the Daycare Centre. I saw her go through the doors from the corner of my eye and ran after her, and then we ended up fighting in the Daycare. She had a knife and she was slippery as hell, so she got away. Then I passed out from blood loss, and you two found me." I looked at Freddy and Roxy, who both nodded at me.

"It's a good thing that you took my Rox-Watch." Roxy said, clearly relieved that her gift to me helped save my life. "Who knows what would have happened if you didn't have it on..."

"We wouldn't have been able to find you, that's for sure." Freddy piped up.

"And what about the other part?" Monty asked, referring to what happened in the green room.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, thinking about everything that unfolded during the time I was passed out in the green room. "I woke up on Roxy's purple couch in what I call 'The Void', which is pretty much just nothing in all directions, and started to look around. I saw a burning building in the distance and I ran towards it, and after a while I realised it was the pizzaplex.

"When I was about to go inside, I was held back by some mysterious force. It's hard to explain, but I guess my muscles all siezed up and I couldn't move at all. I didn't want to believe what happened next actually happened, but I can't deny it..." I stopped, my entire body shivering.

"Y/N..." Roxy said, concern thick in her voice. "You don't have to tell us if you don't feel comfortable..."

"No..." I whispered, fighting back tears. "You four have to know. And I'll tell Vanessa when she arrives as well." I took a deep breath and looked back up at the group. "The person who emerged from the flames of the Pizzaplex's lobby was none other than Springtrap - William Afton."

Just about everybody's jaw dropped at the mention of William, which slightly shocked me. Maybe they had been briefed on the company's past threats? Maybe it was already somehow written into their brains? Whatever it was, they knew who I was talking about.

"There is a great evil lurking somewhere in this Pizzeria, and it has control of the decommissioned robotic versions of you four." I remembered how Roxy had that purple glow in her eyes instead of her usual yellow, and I shuddered. "He won't stop at the robots. He's coming for you four, to finish what he couldn't when I was a boy..."

"You...?" They all said slowly, and I nodded my head.

"You're related to WILLIAM AFTON?!" Roxy half-yelled, confused and scared.

I only nodded in response, my face wearing a grim expression. "William Afton was my Great Uncle... God knows how my family line survived long enough to birth me, but now... I'm the last one left."

"Wh... what happened to your family?" Roxy asked, sending a stabbing pain into my chest.

"Do you remember how I told you my father got very sick a few years back, and I had to sell my car to cover his hospital bill...?" Roxy nodded. "Well, I did sell the car, but... nothing helped him. No amount of money, no amount of cybernetic enhancements kept his 52-year-old heart beating long enough for him to say goodbye." Tears were beginning to run down my cheeks, and every part of me wanted to stop talking and never speak again... but they needed to know. They needed the truth.

"He was left alive after Springtrap attacked out house, after following us home from Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, two weeks before my 26th birthday. Mum didn't make it out of the house, but Dad and I ran as far as we could. He was pulled into an alleyway and I called the police, who arrived almost instantly. That scared William off. They took Dad to the hospital immediately, but by the time morning came... it was too late."

With those final words, I looked down at my lap, silent tears rolling off my cheeks and hitting the floor in front of me. I could feel their eyes all settle on me, but I didn't care. They had the truth now, and that was all that mattered.

I shut my eyes and let the tears roll, not registering the arms that wrapped around me one by one until Roxy whispered into my ear.

"Everything's going to be alright..."