Return To The Pizzaplex

Y/N's Perspective
Monday, 8/04/2024
Hurricane Apartments, Hurricane, Utah

I sat at the table in my apartment, scrolling through my phone with minimal interest in anything that flashed by on the screen. It was TikTok I was looking through after all, so it's not like anything on the app was interesting at any point anyway.

I sighed and put the phone down on the table, looking over at the PS5 that stood by my TV. With a shrug, I got up and grabbed a controller and the TV remote, and got to playing.

Halfway through a race in Gran Turismo, my phone buzzed on the table. I got up, picked it up and checked it.

On the lock screen were two notifications - an email from Fazbear Entertainment titled "Payslip - 01/04/24 to 07/04/24" and a notification from my banking app saying that money had been deposited into my account. $432, to be exact.

"Shit, that's a good pay check for one shift- though I guess the hours wouldn't usually be like that..." I said to myself, relieved that I had enough money to buy actual groceries and not 2-minute-noodles this week for food. "Even on half-time I'll have heaps of cash coming in... assuming I'm at the Pizzaplex these next 6 days at least."

I put my phone down and jumped back onto the couch, continuing my game.

Moments after I sat down, my phone started ringing. I let out an audible groan as I got up to check it once more.

I fumbled the phone as I saw it was Vanessa calling, not expecting to hear anything from her prior to 8am, when I was supposed to get to the store.

"Hey, Vanessa- what's up?" I asked, answering the phone and putting it to my ear.

"Look, Roxy's keytar broke just last night and she went absolutely ballistic about it, but we managed to calm her down without her destroying anything." Vanessa started to explain, a mix of emotions flashing across my face as she spoke.

"She's quite upset about it right now, so do you think you could find a music store and grab one on your way in?" She asked. "I'll transfer some money into you-"

"No, no, you don't need to transfer any money into my account." I said, coming to a quick decision after Vanessa told me the situation. "I've got it covered. I'll make sure that it's the bright green that the last one is too."

Vanessa let out a relieved sigh on the other end of the phone. "Thank you, Y/N. You're a god damn lifesaver."

After that, Vanessa hung up the phone, which prompted me to check the time.

"6:30..." I said, thinking for a moment.

Jim always arrived at his pizza shop at 9am, a whole hour before he actually opened at 10. Any time I asked him why, he said it was to make sure he had ingredients for pizzas and that the place was clean and ready for customers.

"Worth a shot..." I shrugged, looking over at my bedroom door.

...

I stepped out of my apartment and locked the door behind me, in full Security Guard uniform. I took quick steps down the hall, and was relieved to hear another door open as I pressed the button for the underground parking and the elevator doors began to slide shut.

"Too slow today, Gary-" I said, snickering to myself before recomposing. "Okay, keytar and then breakfast." I said to myself as I pulled my car keys from my pocket, waiting as patiently as I could for the elevator to stop so I could get to work.

When the elevator stopped I wasted no time finding my car and getting to the nearest music store I knew, which opened at 8.

As I stopped at a red light, I checked the time and saw that it was 6:56. "I'll make it." I said to myself as the light turned green and I hit the gas, speeding down the main road and slowing down near a zebra crossing, where I swung into a parking spot and jumped out of my car.

"Dave, Dave!" I called out as I saw a grey-haired, balding man entering the music store. He stuck his head out and raised his eyebrow at me when he saw I was the one calling him.

"Y/N, hello!" He exclaimed as I arrived at the door, panting a little. "What brings you here, young fellow?"

"Need... a green... keytar... before I go... to work..." I managed to get out, composing myself shorty after. "One of the mascots' instruments back at the Pizzaplex broke, and they wanted me to pick up a new one before I came in today."

"I see..." He said, seeming to ponder something. "Alright, come in. I think I've got just the thing... and if you're nice enough, I'll give you a discount." He said with a wink as he opened the door, stepping aside to let me in.

"Caught you in a good mood today, huh?" I asked, to which he smiled at as we stepped inside.

"I'm always in a good mood when you stop by, Y/N!" He said warmly, leading me through the store and towards the back, where various keytars ranging in size and colour were displayed on the wall.

"Take your pick. You can have $100 off which ever one you choose. My treat."

"Thanks Dave!" I exclaimed, smiling at the man before looking around at the different keytars on the wall.

I stopped and looked up at a wireless one that caught my eye, the price being marked at a decent $499. It wasn't in bright green, but I knew Dave would help me out with that.

I carefully pulled it off the wall and examined it, making a mental note that it was an Alexis Vortex. I pretended to play it, testing it to see if Roxy would be able to hold it properly and play it during a show.

"Perks of being the same height as her, I guess." I chuckled to myself as I walked to the counter, where Dave waited patiently.

"Made your pick?" He asked as I arrived, causing my response to be laying the instrument down on the counter and smiling at him.

"Good choice." He said, nodding and scanning the item. As promised, the screen confirming my purchase read $399 for the price. I took my phone out, grabbed my card from the holder on the flip case and scanned it.

"I've got some time before the store opens yet, so if you help me clean and wipe down some stuff, I can get it dipped green for you."

"Sounds like a plan, Dave!" I exclaimed as he passed me a bottle of Spray 'n' Wipe and a cloth. "Oh, just the casing green, by the way."

Dave nodded at me and took the keytar out back, and I got to work sweeping and wiping down the counters.

...

Half an hour later, I exited the store with the green keytar wrapped in plastic inside it's case, a grin on my face. "Now to get to the Pizzaplex..."

I opened my trunk and put the keytar inside, then jumped into the front seat and got on my way to work.

The drive was faster than I hoped it would be, as I was getting more nervous about giving the keytar to Roxy the closer I got to the Pizzaplex.

I pulled into the first available parking space I could get close to the Pizzaplex's entrance and sat in the car nervously, tapping on the steering wheel as I saw Vanessa and Roxy talking beyond the main doors.

I let out a deep sigh and shut my eyes, telling myself I could do this, and that everything would be fine. After a second, I swung the car door open and marched around the back, opening the boot and looking at it.

"I got this." I said as I picked it up, slamming the boot shut before taking the most confident steps I could muster towards the door, Roxy taking notice of me and lighting up when she saw what I was carrying.

A/N: As promised, we're diving straight back into more action! And with that, of course, come the cliffhangers! Though I do hope you enjoyed it regardless :)

Burn Bright & Carry On
Enno