Gregory

Third Person Perspective
Tuesday, 14/05/2024
Hurricane Apartments, Hurricane, Utah

"I suppose this means I've got to tell you about Gregory now, then?" Vanessa asked as Y/N wrapped up his story about the vision pulses he got. He nodded and the blonde sighed, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "What do you already know about him?"

"Well, we were informed that we were created because of the security breach he caused," Chica said, scratching her head as she tried to think of what they were told. "We know what he looks like, and that since the incident he's been banned from the pizzaplex."

"Okay, and what do you know of the incident?" Vanessa asked in response, pouring herself a coffee from the lukewarm jug on the island countertop. After the band exchanged a few nervous glances, she sighed in annoyance. "Come on, I need to know what you've already got so I'm not repeating info here."

Freddy sighed and rubbed his eyes, then took a deep breath. "We were briefed that he caused almost irreversible damage to the Pizzaplex and Fazbear Entertainment property. That's everything we know about it."

"Hoo boy, there's a lot to go through, then," Vanessa said with a sigh, taking a sip of the coffee. "Alright, I'll just come out with it. Gregory didn't exist in our systems, nor were there any records of his existence before we found him. We didn't know where he came from, or how he got there, but he was there now. So Steven asked me to take him in - he couldn't do it himself, as he has a family already, and he couldn't bring himself to leave Gregory on the streets. Kyle doesn't know about this, and we intend to keep it that way, but I... I adopted him. Registered him with the government, decided his birthday on the roll of a dice and went from there. All of that stuff."

"So, is that why you started hiring new security staff?" Roxy asked, holding Y/N in her arms as the group listened to Vanessa's explanation. "Because Gregory was getting too old just to be locked up at your house, and you needed to be there for him in the nights?"

Vanessa nodded in response, drinking more of her coffee before setting the mug down. "Gregory has been having... nightmares recently - mostly centred around things he experienced during his time here - things I hope none of you ever see for yourself - but also things that are happening now. He forecasted Vanny's return not long before I hired you, Y/N... and the night that I did, he forecasted Roxy's possession. He had a nightmare about the fight between you and William - he described you as 'saviour', something he heard during the nightmare."

"Maybe one of the kids this guy killed is making him have these... visions?" Monty suggested, earning a few murmurs of approval from the group. "Could be some revenge thing, I reckon. It'd make sense since the fucker's still walking around."

"I don't think a lot of the souls are still wandering, really... after that re-licensed place with all those scrapped animatronics and 'rockstar animatronics' burned down, a lot of them were released," Vanessa said, scratching the back of her neck. "Henry had something to do with that. Before, there was Michael with Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rentals. He freed his sister's soul, but his own was forced to wander after Ennard turned him into a flesh suit. Then, we think his soul took over Robotic Rockstar Freddy and cared for Gregory while he was in the Pizzaplex."

Freddy seemed to go into deep thought at this information. "Is that why I was made to be such a fatherly figure?" He asked, to which Vanessa nodded. "Ah... okay."

"Anyway, Y/N-" Vanessa turned directly to Y/N, who perked up at the mention of his name. "Steven called and said he needed us at the Pizzaplex. He said it was urgent, and he was on the verge of... I don't know, something. He said he found something big and needed us there."

Roxy immediately stood up to defend Y/N, stepping between him and Vanessa. "You can't let him go back there yet - he's not fully healed!" She exclaimed, glaring daggers at the head of security standing before her.

Vanessa went to retaliate, but Y/N gave her a look from over Roxy's shoulder as he placed a hand on her fuzzy forearm. "Roxy, I need you to step out from between Vanessa and I." He said calmly, pulling his hand back as Roxy spun around wildly.

"No, I'm not letting you go back there, Y/N!" She shouted, tears pricking at the edges of her eyes. Y/N's stone expression dropped at the sight of her upset like that, and as he felt a pang of pain in his chest, he realised he needed to do something to make her feel better.

He carefully got to his feet and took both her paws in his. She gripped his hands tightly, and - though it hurt a little - he still maintained eye contact with her. Her lips trembled as the tears continued to well in her eyes, and after a moment, he gently pulled her arms down towards his sides. He let go and wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly and burying his face into the scruff of her neck. 

"I'll be okay, Roxy. I promise." He whispered as she hugged him back, sniffling as she placed her maw atop his head. Behind the two, a slight showing of guilt flashed across Vanessa's face.

"Come on," Vanessa piped up after letting the two embrace for a moment. "It's time to get moving."

A/N: Small chapter, once again, and an update separated by a good minute-and-a-half from the last one. Production on this is hopefully gonna kick up this Christmas holidays, so keep your fingers crossed for more chapters and don't forget to show your support. What do you think Steven found at the restaurant? Will Roxy's worst nightmare soon become her reality? Will Freddy and the gang make it out of this one unscathed and with their rockstar careers intact? Find out later!

Burn Bright & Carry On
Enno