Outside The Box

Y/N's Perspective
Sunday, 7/04/2024
Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex, Hurricane, Utah

The six of us stood in the building's med-bay, watching Roxy come back into consciousness from the safety of a small enclosed room, with windows made of bulletproof glass.

Roxy was laid on a bed in the middle of the small room, her arms and legs secured to the bed with belts, like the kind you'd see in a mental hospital.

It pained me to see her in such a state, but nobody was sure whether William's grasp on her mind had been severed when she was knocked out or not. Her forehead was now home to two stitches and, thankfully, had been cleaned up after she was brought down here.

"Huh...?" She asked as her eyes slowly blinked open, looking around the room. Her eyes were yellow again.

She tried to move her arms, only to be stopped by the belts. She looked through the glass, a look of worry on her face as her eyes met Freddy's. "Freddy, what's going on?" She asked, struggling in her restraints as her pupils shrunk in panic.

Freddy stayed silent, his eyes trained on the wolf. I looked from Freddy to her, and as I saw her struggle my heart threatened to shatter in my chest.

"Freddy? Freddy!?" She continued to struggle, now thrashing more violently on the bed. "Freddy, answer me!" She yelled, her eyes flashing purple for a second.

"Roxanne, you need to calm down!" I exclaimed, stepping towards the door. She froze where she laid, looking at me with her diluted pupils, her eyes pricked with tears.

"Y/N, what's going on...?" She asked, a tremble in her voice.

"You were... you were taken over by William..." I whispered, tears threatening to roll down my own cheeks.

"No..." She whispered, unable to believe what I had said. Her eyes slowly moved to look at my right arm, which was dripping blood from underneath a bandage that was wrapped all the way up it. "No, I didn't..." Her eyes moved to my forehead, the split in it still clearly visible though it had stopped bleeding.

"You got mad when you heard how William was corrupting you and your friends' brains, and it gave him the opportunity to seize hold of you..." I explained, Roxy's look of fear quickly turning into one of pure horror.

"You attacked him, Roxy..." Monty said grimly, looking at her through the glass.

Roxy began to struggle again, quickly becoming angry and yelling out as she thrashed around in her restraints

'I need to stop this.' I thought to myself, dashing to the computer and unlocking the door.

"Y/N, what the hell are you doing?!" Vanessa asked as I ran into the room and directly up to Roxy.

There it was again. That purple flash.

I put my hand on her stomach and she stopped struggling, looking up at me with pleading eyes. "Help me..." She whispered.

I only stared down at her, unable to move my limbs. "HELP ME!" She yelled, struggling once more as her eyes flashed purple again.

I pinned her down to the bed by her shoulders, looming over her. "Roxy- Roxy!" I yelled as she struggled, the purple continuing to flash in her eyes. "You need to stop- STOP!"

She refused to stop, only growing angrier by the second.

I was fearing doing this in front of the others, but it was the only way I thought I could stop her.

I slammed my lips against hers and she froze, looking wide-eyed up at me for a moment before I parted our lips, my chest heaving.

A series of whispers and gasps sounded from the room adjacent, but the only thing I looked at was Roxy.

I kept eye contact with her as I slowly reached for the belt buckles on her arms, loosening them and pulling them off before moving to her legs, removing the belts from them as well.

She laid there for a moment, her eyes as wide as they became when I kissed her to snap her out of her enraged state.

She slowly rotated herself and sat on the bed, then stood up and looked at me, tears in her eyes.

She let out a loud cry as she suddenly lunged towards me, sobbing hysterically and hugging me tightly. I did my best to comfort her, wrapping my arms around her and rubbing her back gently.

"Oh, Y/N, I'm so sorry-" She said in-between cries, clutching onto the back of my shirt. "I can't believe I hurt you- I... I could have killed you!"

She continued to sob into my shirt for a few moments more before she finally calmed down.

She kept a hold on me for a bit after she calmed down before she let go and stepped back, sniffling a little.

"Are you okay, Roxy...? I asked after a moment, to which she nodded weakly, stepping towards me once more and tiredly falling onto my shoulder. "Being possessed is hard work, huh?" I asked rhetorically, to which she let out a slight giggle. "C'mon, let's get you out of here."

...

"At least we know now who William's going to try to use to get you, Y/N." Steven said, looking towards the door that led to Roxy's private quarters, where she was fast asleep.

We were all sitting in Roxy's green room, discussing our next course of action while we waited for Roxy to wake up.

"From what I can tell, William's power has only grown since the last time we met." I said sterny, looking around the group. "He was only able to possess and control other animatronics the last time I faced him, but since he's grabbed a hold of living material..." I trailed off, looking worriedly at the door Steven looked at earlier. "He's able to get into our brains - that's how he pulled me into The Void while I was unconscious earlier, and that's how he's corrupting and controlling Roxanne."

"Yeah, but he can't infect all of our brains at the same time, right?" Chica asked, making me think for a moment.

"No... living organisms are clearly much more difficult to infect than animatronics. That's why he had to target the weakest out of all of us." I looked towards the door again. "The maximum amount of people he can work on corrupting at any given time is capped at 2, me and Roxanne, but even that would be quite draining on his form."

"Even if he's an undying puke-green bunny corpse from 50 years ago?" Freddy asked, making me nod my head solemnly in response.

"Yes, even if he is an undying, puke-green bunny corpse from 50 years ago." I replied, sighing. "The point is, he's unable to infect all of us at the same time, and he's not infecting Roxy and I in the same way.

"Before you ask 'why is that, Y/N?' let me explain. William is infecting me through my dreams and subconscious, his plan being to mentally wear me down so I'm unable to properly process when something happens with Roxy. William is infecting Roxy's brain itself, slowly but surely seizing control of it.

"We can stop the infection, but we'd have to move Roxy out of the Pizzaplex and as far away as we could, while still having her close enough so that if we really need to we can bring her in to use certain abilities of hers, such as her hearing and smelling senses, to help us find William and put a stop to this."

"How do we stop Roxanne from becoming possessed in the meantime?" Monty asked, finally giving me a question that I had a clear and immediate answer to.

"In order to stop William from taking over Roxanne's body, we have to keep her from getting angry. When she gets angry, a spot in her brain opens up just enough for William to get through and take control of her. Though keeping her from becoming angry or frustrated will stop William from possessing her, it won't stop the infection. He will find other ways to make her crack in some way or another - he'll feed thoughts into her subconscious, show her visions he conjures out of her deepest and darkest fears... and when that happens, it will begin to accelerate the infections growth, greatly increasing both the potential damage to Roxy's brain and increasing the potential for the final possession to take place. If that happens, our only choice remaining will be to..." I felt a lump in my throat as I went to finish the sentence, dreading the mere thought of the act.

"We would have to kill Roxanne Wolf." Steven said grimly, the band gasping in shock at what he had revealed to them. "There would be no other way to stop her from killing Y/N and the rest of us if the infection got that bad."