Saline Solution

Roxy's Perspective
Monday, 8/04/2024
Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex, Hurricane, Utah

I looked up at the empty raceway, terror in my eyes as Y/N slowly slipped away from me. "I NEED SOME GOD DAMN HELP OVER HERE!" I yelled as loud as I could, before turning my attention back to him.

I heard two sets of feet thundering across the raceway's foyer and looked up to see Vanessa and Steven, who both crouched down on the other side of Y/N and put pressure on his wound.

"We've got this, Roxy-" Vanessa said, looking up at me as the other three arrived. "Get to medical and get me a stretcher, right now!"

I jumped up as Freddy, Monty and Chica nodded, and we all started running towards the elevators.

"What happened?" Freddy asked as we got to the elevators and I pressed the call button repetitively, my heart racing in my chest. I ignored his question and slipped between the lift doors as they opened, the rest of the band quickly following behind.

"Was it Vanny?" Monty asked as the doors closed and the elevator started to move.

I nodded in response, unsure if I was mad that Vanny and her new friend had interrupted mine and Y/N's time hanging out or worried about Y/N to the point where I wanted to both rip someone's head off and collapse into a sobbing mess. Either one, it stopped me from being able to push words out of my throat.

A white hand planted itself on my shoulder, and I looked up to see Chica giving me a reassuring smile. "We'll get her, Roxy. Y/N's gonna be okay."

"There was two of them." I whispered coldly as the elevator stopped and the doors opened. Hearing the noise of the doors opening, I squeezed between them and started running down the stairs, taking them three or four at a time before deciding to just launch myself from the stairs.

I kicked off with one foot and soared in the air, thinking of a plan for when I was almost at the floor as a collection of shocked gasps sounded from behind me. I hit the floor and rolled forward before jumping back onto my feet and sprinting down Rockstar Row. I barrelled through the doors at the end, closely followed by the rest of the band, and hastily navigated the underground tunnels until I ran into medical.

Freddy was first to arrive at the room, and as I searched for a stretcher for Y/N, he turned the room upside-down looking for cloths to clean Y/N up. Roxy and Monty arrived a little while after that and started collecting rolls of bandages and bottles of saline for cleaning the wound.

With everything that we needed gathered, we all ran back out into the tunnels, taking the easier route back to the raceway using the service tunnels.

We emerged out back of the garages, and I wasted no time sprinting around the side with the stretcher in paw, everyone else following behind as I put it down next to him.

Both Vanessa and Steven's hands were covered in Y/N's blood, but the man was still awake. He was missing his shirt, which had been ripped up and used as a rag they put under their hands when they were putting pressure on his wound.

"We need to get him onto the stretcher-" Vanessa said, removing her hands from Y/N's stomach and grabbing a cloth from Freddy, wiping some of the fresh blood from her hands before wiping the blood from around the stab wound.

"He won't make it to medical or an ambulance if we don't treat the wound here-" Steven said, reaching for the bottle of Saline Monty had taken from medical and beginning work on cleaning the wound.

"Roxy, make sure he's still conscious-" Steven directed as he worked, not looking up but still directing me. "Prop his head up on something soft - a shirt, a backpack, your thighs. It doesn't matter what you use but get his head off the ground. And ask him questions, constantly. Keep him talking, and keep talking to him. He can't pass out."

I scrambled over to Y/N's head and sat myself behind him, gently lifting his head and resting it in my lap.

"R-Roxy...?" He asked, sounding barely alive as my name forced its way out of his throat. I reached down and gently caressed his cheek with my paw, tears welling in my eyes.

"I-I'm here, Y/N-" I said shakily, trembling slightly at the sight of him in the conditio he was in now.

He must have recognised I was scared, and in response he raised his arm up weakly, grabbing my cheek gently. "Hey, I'm still here-" He grimaced and tensed up a bit, probably due to Steven poking around his wound and cleaning it, but he never let his smile falter.

He yawned and put his arm back at his side, looking up at me drowsily. "Man these are really... comfy pillows you grabbed..." He coughed, interrupting his sentence. "-when I wake up, you mind telling me... the brand?"

His eyes started to close and his head lulled to the side. The panic set in again. "Y/N- Y/N come on don't leave me, you've gotta stay awake-"

I shook him gently but he didn't open his eyes again. I started to cry, leaning down and combing my paw through his hair as tears dripped from my face and onto his neck. I shut my eyes to try and stop them, but they still managed to squeeze themselves out from between my eyelids.

"Please, please wake up-" I whispered in between quiet sobs, just wanting him to show me some sign that he was still here, still alive. "Please, I need you, I-"

A hand gripped my wrist and I froze, opening my eyes to see Y/N looking up at me, tears in his own eyes.

"Roxy, I-" He started, gasping in a breath of air as I saw Steven put more saline on the wound. "Hey, hey- look at me-" He said weakly, letting go of my wrist and putting his hand on my cheek, directing my gaze back towards him.

"If I'm gonna die here, I might as well just- *cough* -just tell you some shit-"

"Y/N do- don't say things like that, you-"

"Rox- Roxy, shut up for a second-" He coughed a few times and took a sharp inhale, his face scrunching up in pain for a second. "If I die here I want you to know right now that I..." He took a shaky breath, tears welling in his eyes. "... that I love you, Roxanne Wolf."

Despite all the pain he was in at the second, which was clearly more than I'd ever experienced, he still smiled up at me. As for what he said, I didn't know how to respond. "I-"

"We need to get him on the stretcher, I can't do anything else with this wound-" Steven cut me off before I could say anything, and before I knew it Freddy was helping Steven and Vanessa lift Y/N onto the stretcher I had grabbed.

I stood up as Freddy and Monty grabbed an end of the stretcher each and started walking towards the way we entered, followed by Steven and Vanessa.

Chica put a hand on my shoulder as we watched everyone leave, grabbing my attention. "Hey, you alright? Did he say something to you?"

I didn't respond to Chica's question, and it took a bit of shoulder shaking and repetition to bring me back to the room. "Hellooo? Roxy, come on- what did he say?"

I sighed, not sure whether I should tell her or not. After a moment, I gave in. "He told me he loved me, Chica." I said, stepping away from her.

"He what?" She asked, as if she hadn't heard it properly the first time.

"You heard what I said, Chica!" I half-yelled, blush plaguing my face. "He told me that if he died there he wanted me to know he loved me-" I stared down at my paws, the fur on them almost caked in dried blood. "He loves me... Y/N loves me..."

"Hey, stop fangirling for a second and let's get a move on, girl!" Chica said as she grabbed my arm, pulling me back towards the service tunnels.

A/N: Not afraid to admit I had to read a WikiHow article on how to attend to a stab wound to write this chapter. Maybe that's a good thing though, since it means I've never needed this knowledge before in a real world scenario... either way it happened, so I hope you enjoy the blood and tears I put into this :)

Burn Bright & Carry On
Enno