Nightmare (Huntric)

Requested by Obagiyuu :) You can thank them for this fluffy one-shot to piece your heart back together after the last extremely angsty chapter :)

"How did I raise such an ungrateful, useless BRAT!?" Belos yelled. Hunter sobbed  into his knees. He was curled up in a ball on the floor as his "uncle" yelled at him. He felt a sharp sting and looked up. His vision wss blurry. He saw red.  He felt dizzy. He reached his hand up and touched his head. He looked at his hand and saw it covered in a sticky red liquid. Blood. He lo looked at Belos. What he saw wasn't the Belos he had grown up with. He was a monster (You know the thing he turned into in "King's Tide" and "Hollow mind"?) He attacked Hunter.

Hunter woke up sweating and crying. He was hyperventilating. He looked around quickly. He was at The Owl House. However, he still didn't feel safe. He couldn't slow his breathing. Where is Edric?  Hunter thought, running a hand through his hair. He felt a hand on his shoulder and immediately turned around.

"Hunter?" Edric asked in a soft voice. Hunter flinched, turning around. "Hey it's ok, it's me, it's Edric." He said quietly, sitting down beside him. Hunter leaned on Edric's shoulder, trying to control his breathing and crying. "Hey, breathe with me." Edric said, taking a big breath in, holding it for 3 seconds and exhaling. Hunter nodded and followed his breathing.  They did this for a bit until Hunter's breathing was under control. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" Edric asked softly, knowing that if he talked loudly it might scare Hunter. "Nightmare.... Belos..." Hunter mumbled, leaning on Edric, who had his arm around him. Edric nodded. "You know he can't hurt you anymore right?" Edric asked, running a hand through Hunter's hair. Hunter sniffled and nodded. "Y-you'll make sure he won't t-take me back right?" Hunter asked, clinging onto Edric. He didn't want to be separated from him. Edric put both his arms around Hunter's waist and pulled him into his lap. "No one is going to take you away from me. I promise." Edric said softly, pressing his forehead against Hunter's. Hunter smiled and hugged Edric.

Luz went to the main room to get the kitchen to get a drink of water. He looked at the couch and saw Hunter cuddled up on Edric's chest with Edric's arms protectively around him. They where both asleep.  Luz smiled and snapped a quick picture for blackmail and went to go get her water.

Hope y'all enjoyed this fluffy Edric x Hunter stuff. Peace out ✌