Wolves (Huntric fluff) SPOILERS FOR SEASON 3

Requested by Favblights :D
AU where Edric and Emira escaped into the human realm with Luz and the gang.
Head canon that Hunter has autism or is on the spectrum
CONTAINS SPOILERS SEASON 3 "THANKS TO THEM" I REPEAT, SEASON 3 SPOILERS!!

Hunter loved wolves. He had a shirt with wolves on it that he made himself after Camilla taught him how to use her sewing machine. He liked researching the species and learning about them.

One day Hunter was looking through a box he found in a closet. It was full of Luz's old toys. He found a wolf plushie. He immediately got excited. He started looking through more of the toys and found more wolf plushies and those plastic figures you can find in the toy isle at Wal-Mart. He found 3 wolf plushies and 5  plastic wolf figures. One of the figures had movable/posable legs, head, and tail which Hunter found really cool. He was a little embarrassed about finding toys cool. He hid the toys under a desk, behind a box. Flapjack (RIP FLAPJACK 😭) landed on Hunter's shoulder and chirped. Hunter flinched but relaxed upon realizing it was just his palisman. "Don't tell anyone about this ok?" Hunter told his Palisman, a bit embarrassed. Flapjack tweeted in agreement.

"Where is Hunter?" Edric asked. He, Amity, Emira, and Luz where in the kitchen, while Gus and Willow where in the living room watching some show about A boy and his sister that get chased around my monsters everyday and live with their uncle in the woods. (if you know the show then you get a cookie). "I think he's still down in the basement." Luz said, typing on her laptop. Edric nodded and went down to the basement. He heard someone talking to himself.

Hunter was playing with the wolf toys. He was projecting his problems and life onto them. (you know how kids will express themselves and their emotions through play? That's what Hunter is doing.) Hunter sniffed, setting one of the figures down to wipe is nose with his sleeve. Edric watched him play with the toys and smiled, he thought it was kind of cute. "Hey Hunter,  whatcha doing?" Edric asked, walking up to him. Hunter's face turned bright red. He shoved the toys away, acting like he wasn't doing anything. "N-nothing." He lied.

Edric chuckled at Hunter's actions. "You really like wolves huh?" Edric asked, sitting down across from Hunter. Hunter blushed but nodded. "They're really cool..." He started, wanting to say more. Edric nodded, letting him know he could continue. "They live in groups called packs, and there is usually a leader of the pack. They hunt together and chase down prey using different strategies. Wolves mainly eat rabbits, birds, and sometimes deer, but they will eat foxes if they need to. They won't waste food so they eat whatever they kill. They stay away from bears and moose though because they are to big and strong." Hunter started going on and on about everything he knew about wolves while Edric listened.  He found it cute whenever Hunter would ramble about stuff like this. "And they also- er.. Sorry I'm rambling again..." Hunter apologized. "No it's fine! I think it's cute when you ramble about stuff you like." Edric said, ruffling  Hunter's hair. Hunter blushed.

Edric looked over at the wolf toys Hunter had shoved away. "Do they have names?" Edric asked, Gesturing to the toys. Hunter blinked and then blushed from embarrassment when he realized what Edric was talking about. "Um.. Yeah..."  Hunter mumbled. "What are they?" Edric asked, reaching for one. Hunter wouldn't have let anyone touch his wolves but he trusted Edric enough to be fine with it. "Um.. That one is Caleb... And this one is Philip..." Hunter said, picking up another wolf. He introduced the other wolves and Edric didn't seem to mind Hunter's childish antics. He even offered to play with him, which made Hunter happy.

Edric was quick to realize Hunter was projecting. He made sure he kept Hunter calm and happy without having to stop playing with him. He managed to keep Hunter happy for a bit until Hunter decided he was tired. It was 10:00pm. 

Hunter put his toys away and Edric sat down on the couch. Hunter crawled into Eric's lap, one of his ways of asking Edric for attention when he was tired. Hunter snuggled into Edric's chest happily while Edric held him protectively in his arms. Edric kissed Hunter on the head and started to fall asleep.

I like this. I think it turned out pretty cute.

Also sorry if I got the way people with autism act wrong, this was just with the very little knowledge I had. I have ADHD so I figured it was a little similar?  I tried my best to make it seem like Hunter was at least on the spectrum and also I kind of projected my own experiences with ADHD onto him a little so yeah.