Too obvious not to notice, but not to everyone

"Ehm, Xichen, what was that?"

"What is it, Wanyin? Is something the matter?"

"What the hell was that!"

"What do you mean, Wanyin?"

"They were... They were..."

"Yes?"

"Was that what I think it was, Xichen?"

"What do you think it was?"

"Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji..."

"..."

"..."

"Yes? What is it? What has you so shocked?"

"Were they just standing too close to each other? It is inappropriate. And in the Cloud Recesses, no less. Will they not get in trouble with your uncle?"

"Ah, I see. It is fine, do not worry, Wanyin. They do that all the time, Uncle does not mind too much anymore."

"But...!"

"Is something else the matter?"

"They were holding hands, Xichen! Holding hands!"

"Yes, they do that often as well. Everyone is already used to that. It is no problem, I assure you."

"No problem, huh?"

"..."

"How can you just say it so casually. It is your brother who is going against your sect's rules. Are you not afraid that your uncle or the elders will try to punish him again?"

"No, why would I be? It is truly fine. The elders, although they do not agree completely, have given their permission."

"For Wei Wuxian staying in the Cloud Recesses perhaps, but I am sure they were not consenting for him to be shameless with their precious Hanguang-Jun, the war hero and Chief cultivator!"

"It is fine, Wanyin, as I said, no need to get mad. I know you worry about your brother, but he is quite safe here. Wangji is making sure that he would not be missing anything. He had waited for him for thirteen years after all. Everyone understands that they need some time to make up for the lost time."

"Who is worried about that idiot!"

"..."

"..."

"They were actually pretty tame today. I think that this level of devotion is very admirable. They usually go farther when they think they are alone."

"Farther... What do you mean, Xichen?"

"You know, they would be kissing each other. Or Wangji would carry Wuxian around in his arms or hugging him when they both flew on his sword... That kind of affection."

"What the hell?!"

"It is to be expected. There are even stories and poems written about their love. It has become a sort of a phenomenon really. I know at least two dozens of fair maidens who secretly wish their future husband would love them this much as well."

"Xichen... I... What..."

"Wanyin, do not tell me... you have never noticed how deep in love Wuxian and Wangji are? I mean, it was very obvious already back when you and your brother had come to attend guest lectures in the Cloud Recesses."

"..."

"Have you never heard why Wangji had been punished so harshly back then?"

"No... I though it was because of going against your sect's elders...?"

"That is only partially true, it had been because he had protected Wuxian from them. He had come to accept his punishment only after they had sworn cease their attacks."

"I never heard of that..."

"So, you do not even know that Wangji and Wuxian are married now?"