Chapter 4

<Lena's POV>
I wake up the next morning at my house, it's a Monday, so none of my family will be home. (She's out of school and Julio is too at this point) My mom is at work, my dad is in NYC. My 2 brothers and one sister are all at school. My mom is also 8 months pregnant so this is her last day at work before family leave. She really is gonna have a lot of kids.
I walk over to Julio's, checking Twitter as I went.
Julio tweets: Having a bit of a hard day, need someone to cheer me up. :(
I wonder what's wrong? I start walking faster, so I get to his house sooner. I seen his door is unlocked so I walk right in. I don't think he hears me because I was into his room and he doesn't even notice. He is sitting in his desk chair, but his computers not on. I'm about to say hi, and ask him about his tweet when I hear him crying. I walk up and lean down next to him and rub his back. At first he seems startled but as I start talking, he knows who it is, and doesn't look up.
"Baby, what's wrong? I read your tweet, but didn't think it was this bad."
He's silent except for his crying. I make him stand up and sit him on the edge of his bed, and I sit down next to him, my arm around him.
"Shhh... baby, it's ok, you're ok.
I kiss his cheek. "Please tell me what's wrong."
"My... my...." he stutters. "My dad.... just died."
I feel my world crash down. No matter if he's not even my dad, I'm so connected to Julio it kills me to hear that. "Baby, no. Where's your mom?"
"She's... going right to Mexico for the funeral. I'm.... not going.... I can't see him like that.. me... I want" He stops to wipe his eyes. "I want to remember him as a happy person, not all.... limp." As he says that he falls backwards onto his bed sobbing, which causes me to start crying. "Ok, what happened?" "He... got hit on his motorcycle by a drunk driver." When he says that my heart breaks into a million pieces.
"Oh baby, come here," I pull him into a hug and kiss his cheek. "It'll be ok, here take a tissue."
After comforting him for an hour, he lays on his bed, wipes his now red, and puffy eyes and sighs.
"I just can't believe he's gone. I remember that last conversation I had with him. Over an xBox call..." He sighs.
I sit him up and kiss him. "Baby, I know this is going to be hard, and I know I may not know exactly how you feel, but I will be here for you. I'm sure when my mom finds out she will be ok if I stay here a night or two, as long as I'm back to help her with my siblings right before and after she has the baby."
"Ok..." He sniffles.
I kiss him.

I can't believe such horrible things happen to such amazing people.