Chapter 4

The next day arrived quicker than I thought and the smell of bacon and eggs wafted around the cave. I opened my eyes and looked around to see the Hobbits, Gimli, Boromir, Aragorn and Gandalf sat close to the now relit fire with a pan in Sam's hand. I blinked a few times until my head stopped spinning and lifted my body up, shrugging off my cloak.

I looked over to where I had left Leonan lying that night but he was not there. My head span around searching the cave for him, Aragorn and Gandalf both looked at me sudden panic.

“Where is Leonan?” I stammered getting up off of the ledge. The Hobbits looked up at me, caution slightly building in their eyes, but I was not concerned whether I was scaring them or not. Leonan was not here.

Just as I went to walk up to Aragorn and Gandalf to question them, Leonan came running inside the cave with a huge smile on his face. I took a deep breath out and my heart beat slowed down to a steady, natural beat. He ran over to me and put his arms around my legs and I bent down to hold his whole body.

“Where were you Leonan? You scared me,” I said in his ear and he pulled away, guilt on his face. I smiled at him to reassure him that I was not mad with him and held his hand.

“I'm sorry V, I needed to go. I was trying to hold it in for as long as I could but I was too desperate. So the elf Legolas took me,” he replied and I smiled and gave him another quick hug. I looked up at Legolas and mimed the words 'thank you' to him and he lowered his head respectively.

“Next time, if you're really desperate, just wake me up okay Leonan?” I whispered and he nodded and jumped next to where the Hobbits where sat. I smiled and sat down next to him and smiled at Merry and Pippin who where talking to Leonan.

“V have we got anything to eat?” He quietly asked. I heard his stomach grumble and I got up from my seat and over to my bag-pack and unbuttoned it. I rummaged through it and pulled out the cloth that held our food in but there wasn't anything there. I froze for a moment. I knew we where running low but I didn't know we had used it all.

I turned to him, the same feeling as yesterday, with guilt on my face. I walked back over to him and put my hand on his leg. I looked into his eye and he kind of already knew what I was going to say and therefore looked down to the floor. I copied the gesture and just as I went to speak, Merry jumped up and grabbed two plates off of Sam and passed the one to Leonan and the other one to me. I placed my plate next to me and watched Leonan and the others eat.

“Aren't you going to eat that me Lady?” Pippin asked and I chuckled a little bit and shook my head.

“Not right now Master Pippin. Here, you might as well not waste it,” I said handing the plate back to him. He looked at me as if I were handing him something shocking and he cautiously took it from me. I got a funny look from Gimli but just laughed at his facial expression.

I stood up again and sat next to Gandalf who greeted me with a pleasant hand on my shoulder.

“How come you have not eaten Vina?” He sweetly asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I was not hungry Gandalf,” I replied to him and he removed his hand and took out his pipe from his cloak, taking a huge puff from it. I sat there looking at him for about a minute before anyone spoke. Leonan was still eating and the Hobbits and Gimli where talking amongst themselves.

“So where is it you are going Vina?” Gandalf asked. I looked around at the other men and elf standing around, debating with myself whether I could trust them or not. I looked at Gandalf and he nodded, obviously he understood my worry.

“I am headed West, towards Lórien. Leonan will be safe there.” I stated and nodded with the words to take them all in. He went to speak but decided not to and instead took another puff of his pipe.