Chapter 26

Chapter 26

   We had just passed the realm of Rohan and were only about an hour away from Mordor. Mordor was one placed I hadn’t seen before, before the war and after. Me, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf, Eomer and Gandalf were all travelling quietly as there wasn’t an area of interest to talk about. I looked over at Eomer and thought of something that I wanted to ask him. I trotted up next to him and he looked over at me.

   “Eomer, can I ask you something?” I whispered to him. He looked around quickly and then nodded his head. I sighed a little and moved Hasufel closer to his own horse. “When you were travelling up north, did you come across a man of the name Aodeth?” I asked him quietly. He rolled the name over in his tongue and thought for a while. But he shook his head after a few seconds; I could feel my heart shrink in size, the hope of finding my father wearing very thin. I tried to keep my head up and a smile on my face, no matter how rubbish I felt. Eomer leant his head down, looking up at my face.

   “Is it someone close to you?” he asked me thoughtfully. I looked down for a second, the face of my father pop up in my head. I nodded my head and looked at him in the eye.  I felt that he was reading me and I felt a little uncomfortable but thankfully Hasufel trotted forward a little faster for some reason, making me trot ahead of Aragorn and Legolas. I pulled down on his reins and he slowed down a little. I leant forward to stroke his head and to see what was wrong with him. Legolas came up next to me and asked me what was wrong which was shortly answered by two young Hobbits sat on the walls of Isenguard.

    We came around the corner to see Merry stood up and Pippin sat on the wall both with a gallon in their hands and pipes in their mouths. Hasufel must have sensed the two hobbits and that’s why he trotted ahead.

    “Welcome, my Lords to Isenguard!” Merry cheerfully said with his mouth full, stretching his arms wide. I giggled and looked at Legolas to see if what I was seeing was real.

    “You young rascals. A merry hunt you’ve led us on and now we find you feasting and…and smoking!” Gimli scoffed from behind Legolas. Pippin raised his gallon in the air with a broad smile on his face.

    “We are sitting on a field of victory enjoying a few well-earned comforts,” slurred eating on a surprisingly lovely looking sandwich. We trotted a little closer to them both and saw not a single scratch on their faces. “The salted pork is practically good,” Pippin teased to Gimli and it definitely caught his attention.

    “Salted pork…” Gimli murmured, his eyes fixed on the food next to Pippin. I couldn’t help but smile; I really had missed these pair.

    “We’re under order from Treebeard who’s taken over management of Isenguard,” Merry stated looking out over the water. We all looked over to see the tall trees moving around and water surrounding their feet, well trunks.

      Gandalf told us that we needed to talk to Saruman and so Pippin climbed onto the back on Aragorn’s horse and I helped Merry onto the back of mine. He was so happy to see me and wanted to talk to me about his adventure with Treebeard but I told him he could tell me after.