Chapter 13

Chapter 13

    “A feast they are calling it. A feast it better be,” Gimli said hobbling over to the fire and sat down on the logs around it. I went over to my bed and slumped myself onto it. I put my head in my pillow and held back a scream into my pillow.

     “Are you regretting your choice Vina?” A little, sweet voice said from next to my bed. I lifted my head up from the pillow and saw that Pippin was looking at me a little worried. I sighed and then lifted myself up so I was sitting crossed legged. I lifted Pippin up so he was sat next to me.

     “Pip, don’t pay any attention to what I do or say. My choices are what I think is best for me, for Leonan and I guess for everyone else,” I stated but Pippin still looked concerned and worried. I put my hand on his shoulder. “I do not regret my decision Pippin. It was very hard to make so you must understand that I’m feeling a little tired,” I finished. He nodded his head in understanding and then looked at me again.

     “You’re scared.” He said matter of fact. I shot a glance at him and he knew I was. He knew well and I guess that was Hobbit instincts, they always knew if there was something worrying someone. I smiled and nodded my head.

      “Yes Pippin, I am scared, scared of leaving Lorien, leaving my brother behind. Since birth I have never been apart from him and now I am leaving him here whilst I go on a dangerous quest to destroy a ring and search for my father. I just don’t know if I am doing the right thing,” I ranted. I sighed and then bowed my head so I was facing the floor.

       Pippin didn’t say anything for a while. We sat there in silence for a while, me lost in thought. Had I actually made the right decision? What if Lorien was to come under attack and Leonan hurt? Father would never forgive me. But surely he would be safe here. Or would he? What if I never found my father or something bad happened whilst I was on this quest. The loss of Gandalf was already a lot to take in. I was brought out of my thoughts when a bigger hand touched my shoulder. I looked up to see Aragorn.

      “Leonan will be safe here. The elves will protect him if any harm was to come to him. Eleona would not let anything happen to him. She was very relieved when you told her Leonan was to stay with her. And as for you. You will be safe with us. No harm shall come to you,” Aragorn boldly said. I smiled and put my hand on his. But I wasn’t quite sure that everything he said would be true. Would they be able to protect me? What if I was separated from the rest of the fellowship? I shook the thoughts out of my head and lifted myself up off of my bed and over to the fire where I began to build around it.

      Boromir was sat away from us all and it was quite strange why he would be. He had his knife in his hand and looked like he was carving the twig from the day we had gotten here. I stood on my tip toes to see if I could get a better look but I was a tad too short. I walked over to him and touched his shoulder. I made him jump – luckily he had just pulled away from carving, and he hid the wood and knife away in his pocket. He smiled at me and moved over so I could sit next to him.

     “Are you okay Boromir. You’ve been very quiet lately,” I asked him kindly. He smiled trying to convince me that he was fine but I raised an eyebrow and he sighed with a little giggle. He wasn’t going to get anything past me. My bond with him was growing a lot and I thought us close.