Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I lifted my arm up to push away a branch that was in my way and held it for the other elf to pass by me. I returned to my position behind the guard as he led us towards the giant tree roots where beds were lay and pillows lay down on soft blankets.

We trudged through the open forest for only a few more minutes and then the guard in front of me stopped and looked at me. He held out his hand and gestured me to go forth. I nodded and slowly started to walk away from him, the elf behind me still. I heard the sounds of pans and plates being passed around and the laughter of the Hobbits and Gimli.

I peeped my head around the tree and saw Leonan sitting in between Aragorn and Boromir. I smiled and then shook my head a little. I looked at the elf behind me and told them not to come out until I told them to. I took a breath in and a smile on my face. I walked around the corner and stood in front of the fire. I coughed and everyone's head turned to me.

Smiles appeared on all the Hobbits faces and Leonan jumped off the log and ran over to me, hugging my legs. I knelt down on one knee and hugged him tighter. I could feel the blood pumping in my body as the excitement shot through me. I pulled away and embraced the Hobbits who had been waiting behind Leonan. I looked up, behind Merry and Pippin and saw Gimli standing awkwardly, his hands together in front of him. I placed my hand on his cheek and felt him blush, then I stood up and was faced with Boromir and Aragorn. Boromir smiled and then pulled me into a hug. He was quite a lot taller than me, and stronger than me but his embrace was still warming and comfortable. When I pulled away, I looked up at Aragorn. He was smiling, the way he does when he knows something victorious. I took a step towards him and then he filled in the gap, throwing his arms around me and holding my head in support. I had not felt a hug like this since I was young, around ten years of age to be exact.

“It is good to see you well, Vina,” he whispered in my ear. I giggled and pulled away, looking him in the eye. My eyes were of his colour and brightness and it felt so weird, like I was looking at my own reflection. I looked around but didn't see what I was looking for.

“Where is Legolas?” I asked. Aragorn looked at Boromir and shrugged his shoulders. I looked around at the Hobbits and Gimli but they too looked like they knew not of his presence. It was strange, I could feel his presence but could not see him. I put it to the back of my mind and then held Leonan's hand, pulling him across the patch of grass and stopping him just about a foot away from where I first came from. I coughed and felt the presence of the elf move behind me.

“Leonan. There is someone I would like you to meet.” I stated. He looked at me confused and I giggled a little. Slowly I took a small step to the side and saw how Leonan's face changed. I could of laughed at the expression on his face. Excitement and joy filled his face, making it go bright red.

“Hello Leonan, I am Eleona. Maybe you remember me,” The elf said. I smiled and stood further away and next to Leonan facing Eleona. He was half her size but had many characteristics the same as she did. His hair was the same colour as hers, he had her eyes, a turquoise colour and the same shape head.

She bent down, tucking her dress under her knee and held a hand out. Leonan turned his head to look at me, question in his eye. I guess this was quite strange for him, since he hasn't seen her for years. I nodded my head and pushed him forward a little. He looked back at her, and slowly started walking towards her. He reached out his little hand and held there for a while. She smiled widely and to my surprise, he ran into her arms and she engulfed his body, not letting go and holding on tightly.

I felt my eyes starting to build up with tears. It was such a sight to see Leonan and his mother together again. Her face was dissolving every bit of him and her hand was held carefully on the back of his head. I guess it had been a while since they were together. Then I got hit with the guilt. My father took my brother away from his mother when he was of such a young age, it wasn't fair of him to do so and now I was bringing him back, not my father. I couldn't imagen what Eleona thought of me. I lowered my head to the ground in a little bit of shame. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked at them out of the corner of my eye. Aragorn had placed a hand on me, I guess he could feel what I was feeling. I put my hand on his in thanks.