Chapter 34

Chapter 34

    The night’s sleep was rather peaceful and I didn’t have a dream until the early that morning. For the first time though, this dream wasn’t bad or didn’t scare me, it was quite the opposite. The dream started off as me and Legolas on a horse together. It was really romantic and we were so happy. The lands we were travelling were beautiful and full of joy which contrasted the realistic situation. But we rode to destroyed villages and throughout the dream; the village progressed and was rebuilt.

   Both I and Legolas were helping to fix the city and Aragorn too. We were all happy and I was surprisingly clothed in a dress. But there was no scar on my arm and no scold mark on my back. All the people around us were happy and bringing out food for each other and resting it on a large table that was in the centre of the village. But this perfect dream began to merge away and I was looking up at a material roof. I blinked my eyes and soon I was once again aware of where I was. I sat up on the bed and felt the stiffness of my back. It ached a lot more today and felt a lot tighter. I could tell my body was trying to fix itself. I rubbed my eyes with the end of my sleeve and stretched my arms.

    “Ah you’re up Vina!” Pippin said as he jumped up off of his bed. He strolled over to me and sat on the bottom of my bed with a bowl of soup in his hand. “Would you like some soup? It’s nice and warm?” he asked me. I looked in the bowl and my stomach grumbled. I nodded my head and Pippin set his bowl down on the floor and brought me another bowl over with a roll of bread.

    “Thank you Pip,” I said as he handed it to me. I felt a lot more awake today and felt that I had a lot more energy. The deep sleep from last night sure helped me relax. I took the bread, which was still quite warm, and dipped it in my soup. The soup was actually very tasty and I had expected it to taste quite plane, but then again Pippin did make it. I slurped away the soup and looked around the tent.

     “Where is everyone?” I asked as no one was in the room but pippin and I. He followed my glance and shrugged his shoulders.

     “They’ve all gone to have some dinner,” he said. I choked a bit on the soup and coughed, trying to clear my throat again. I looked questioningly at Pippin and he smiled. “They didn’t want to wake you up, you were sleeping very deeply. Your father took them all down to the village for a nice cooked dinner. I didn’t want to go, I was too tired then. This is just left over from breakfast,” he said gesturing to his bowl. I raised my eyebrow in surprise. I couldn’t believe it was dinner time already. I must have been asleep for ages. And I couldn’t believe that my father took everyone to get something to eat.

     “Look Pippin, about last night. I didn’t mean to snap at you,” I said seriously.  Pippin looked away from his food and at me a little startled. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and lowered his bowl.

    “It doesn’t matter V,” he said honestly as he started eating again. I looked into his eye to see if he was telling the truth or not and could see most of it was. But there still was a little trace of fear behind them. I put it to the back of my mind and set aside my bowl. I took a smell of my clothes and of myself and I smelt disgusting. I got up from the bed and put the bowl with the other dirty bowls by the fire. I went back over to my bed and picked up my bag. Pippin was watching me as I did so and he seemed curious as to what I was doing. But I only wanted to clean up.