Chapter 2: Familial Disgrace

First-Person Point of View (Izuku)

As I saw my mother's car sped away from the hospital leaving me alone on the entrance steps of the building. As soon as I didn't see the car of my mother, it began it rain profusely, then I started to cry and sob to the tune of the melancholy of the weather. As I am smelling the petrichor that is in the air, I feel comfort, while still crying silently while sitting on one of the stairs in the hospital.

Then at a moment of courage, I began to run in the dismal, steady, cold, and vertical pouring rain. 'Why am I being left alone by my mother?' I said to myself while crying in the cold rain. 'Maybe, she is just excited that my sister has a quirk,' I said to myself. And now, I am muttering in the rain about the positive sides of why my mother left me in the doctor's examination room.

Then, I stopped on the sidewalk before crossing the pedestrian crossing, panting, and catching my breath. Almost collapsing to the exhaustion of running and crying amidst the cold rain. 'Just two minutes away before I reach home. Glad I know how to map something in my head to get home.' I said to myself while muttering and leaning against the wall to wait for the crossing sign to turn blue.

After a minute of waiting in the rain, the crossing signal turned blue, I slowly walked to the next street and walked to my home, 'At least, I got home before it gets dark' I said to myself. When I stopped in front of our house, the rain stopped and one of the sun's rays illuminated me and slightly drying me off and calming me with the warm embrace of sunlight.

Third-Person Point of View

As Izuku walked to the door, he opened the door to find out the door is closed, and then he knocked on a specific pattern to know that he is outside. "Coming," A female voice said while opening the door. When she opened the door, she found out that her son is in front of the house, soaking wet because of the rain, and this, in turn, enraged Inko to a degree that she said, "Izuku, why are you outside, you're quirkless and also stupid. Because of that, you will not have dinner tonight. Go to your room right now!" while screaming at the poor, sobbing, exhausted child.

"Yes, Mom," Izuku said defeatedly. "Izuku, look, I can attract this toy that Uncle Aizawa bought me yesterday," Hoshiko said excitedly. I just ignored her and went to my bed, hoping that tomorrow will be better.

"Mom, I think Izuku is sad that he doesn't have a quirk," Hoshiko said. "He will get out of it, tomorrow is a school day from Kindergarten. I'm sure he will be happy about it." Inko said. "Oh, alright then," Hoshiko said while playing with his own quirk. "Toshinori, what do you think we can do to Izuku?" Inko asked her husband. "He's just rebelling just because he doesn't have a quirk. He will get out of this phase soon enough." Toshinori said.

----- Timeskip to Tomorrow Afternoon -----

As the Yagi siblings go to the car and praise Hoshiko for her quirk and the first sign of neglect for Izuku. As they went to their Kindergarten, it was a normal day until it was their time to play outside. As Izuku played in the sandbox with Momo, Hoshiko was greeted by her friends Katsuki and Shoto.

"Why is Izuku playing with Momo there in the sandbox?" Shoto asked. "Well, Izuku is quirkless and I don't know why Momo is over there playing with him," Hoshiko said. And Shoto and Katsuki are scared because their dreams of being a hero will be now gone. "I think we should convince him not to be a hero anymore, he'll get hurt," Shoto said.

"Right, and we always know that whenever Izuku focuses on a dream or a thought, he always goes through with that plan" Hoshiko exclaimed. "I know that he is that determined, what should we do?" Katsuki said. As they plan an idea on how they will make Izuku give up on his dream of being a hero. Then, a bright idea came up in Hoshiko's mind.

"How about we bully him into thinking that he can't be a hero without a quirk?" Hoshiko said. "That is a great idea," Katsuki said. "Guys, I mean we can just ask him though? or make our parents train him?" Shoto said. "But, he will get hurt and die, do you want that to happen to him?" Hoshiko said. "No, I treat him as my brother. I mean, it's your call." Shoto said.

As Izuku said to Momo that he is quirkless, Momo just hugged him and said her parents can train him to be better at fighting quirkless. As soon as they were done with their talking, the trio went towards him and said "Brother, do you still want to be a hero?" Hoshiko said. "Yes, I want to be a hero as ---" he said before he was punched by Katsuki, "You're quirkless, you shouldn't be a hero," Shoto said, and Hoshiko said the following harsh words, "I wish I didn't have you as my brother."

"Guys, stop what you're doing to Izuku," Momo said while shielding him. "Why he has to know that he's a quirkless freak," Hoshiko said. "But, he's your brother!" Momo said to Hoshiko angrily.

After their fight, Izuku lay flat on the sand, bruised and battered. Until Momo went to him and help him to a sitting position. "Izuku, are you alright? I'll call one of the teachers to help you." Momo said. As Momo left him to tell the teachers what happened to him. He feels dizzy and fell unconscious banging his head onto the wooden frame holding the sand in the sandbox.

So, their plan went on for ten years; ten years of neglect from his parents, ten years of bullying from his peers, and ten years of his teachers ignoring him. But, amidst those troubles, Momo is always beside him and taking care of him, even his mental health, even saying to Izuku to live with her parents and stays there for the time being. This goes on until their last day of school, when their teacher will have a big announcement for them.

As everyone was there, except for Momo, as she went to a meeting that her parents will have at their company. "Alright students, settle down, we will be filling out some forms for your future." their teacher said. "But, I know you all want to be heroes, am I right?" their teacher added. As all of the students used their quirks to show off their abilities.

"Hey teach, don't lump us with these nerds, they wouldn't even get picked as sidekicks," Katsuki loudly exclaimed with an arrogant voice as all the students stopped and turned around towards them. "The Top 3, you guys applied for the U.A. Examination, right?" asked their teacher. "Yeah, we are," Katsuki said. "Of course," Shoto said. "We will be the next top heroes," Hoshiko said.

[I'm sorry Izuku, but I have to do this.] said the teacher to himself, as he take a liking to him because of his nature and his intelligence. "Izuku, you also applied for U.A., right?" their teacher said. After the teacher said this, the whole class started to laugh and jeer at our protagonist. "I can understand the Top 3, but you? You will never pass the Examination" a student said to Izuku.

After a gruelling 3 minutes of jeering and verbal bullying, he instantly went and pack his things into his bag before he was surrounded by his sister and his two friends. "Oi, Deku, you're a quirkless freak, why bother applying for U.A.?" Katsuki jeered. "I just wanted to try it out," Izuku said.

As Hoshiko saw his Hero No. 15 notebook and said, "You're still having these notebooks, You're a quirkless reject, you won't make it in," and threw the notebook to Katsuki and exploded the notebook until it turned into dust. "But I know how you can get a quirk." Shoto said confidently, Izuku's eyes widen as he can get a chance of being a hero with a quirk, "Just take a swan dive off a roof and pray you to get one in your next life." Katsuki immediately said.

"Yeah, just jump off the building so I don't have a quirkless person as my brother!" Hoshiko said. Izuku didn't expect that from Katsuki and Shoto, his so-called brothers said that to him and even more surprising that his sister doesn't want her to be his sibling.

Izuku was dumbfounded and just frozen in place, like a statue. As the Top 3 left the classroom, they immediately realized their mistakes but they just ignored what they said as Izuku will take it with a grain of salt. While in the classroom, Izuku just collapsed to the ground and starts crying profusely. As he stopped crying and whimpering, he noticed that the sun is already setting, so he starts to walk home while keeping his head low on the ground.