Chapter 5 Virginia's secret part 2

Virginia cut me off while I was in the middle of a sentence. "Don't! It's not you." Virginia said. "It's not you, it's me, right? Really?" I asked. "It's true. It is me. I'm not... good. I used to be... a good kid. Not anymore. This doesn't even matter, alright? This is over." Virginia said. "You can't stop being my sister friend. I mean... I mean, you're my best friend. You promised me." I said. "I know. I promised I wouldn't hurt you Ariel. And this is me keeping that promise. Go home... and don't come back, or you're going to get hurt." Virginia said before walking away to walk home with George. I can't believe that just happened. Virginia is hiding something from me, I just don't know what. I went back home and told Tommy what happened. "Virginia is definitely hiding something from you." Tommy said. "I know. I just don't know what it is." I said. "I might have an idea about what she is hiding from you. I'll talk to her after class tomorrow." Tommy said. The next day after Virginia's science class Tommy told her to stay behind for a few minutes. "What is it Dr. Oliver?" Virginia asked. "One of my other students said that you've been acting weird lately. I wanted to ask you what was going on." Tommy said. "Nothing is going on." Virginia said. "Virginia, I can tell that something is up with you. You have to be honest with me. What's going on?" Tommy asked. "Okay, fine. The thing is that Mesagog is my father. I'm a wolfwalker too but I can't let Mesagog find out because if he finds out he'll destroy me. George has been helping me to blend in with everyone so that Mesagog doesn't find out." Virginia said. "What about your mother?" Tommy asked. "My mom is Elsa." Virginia said. (From power rangers dino thunder) "What does that have to do with you acting weird?" Tommy asked. "They are the ones that are targeting the wolfwalkers. Just don't tell them." Virginia said. "Okay, don't worry. I won't tell them." Tommy said. Then Virginia was allowed to go to her next class. At the end of the school day Virginia walked up to me. "Hey Ariel, there's something I need to tell you." Virginia said. "What is it?" I asked without turning to face her. "Well, you know that the wolfwalkers have been targeted, right?" Virginia said. "Yeah, what about it?" I asked. "I'm a wolfwalker too, but I can't let Mesagog know about that." Virginia said. "Wait a minute, so you're telling me that..." I said before Virginia finished my sentence. "Mesagog is the one who is targeting the wolfwalkers. If he finds them he'll destroy them. That's why I can't let him know that I am a wolfwalker." Virginia said. "Is this why you were being so mean to me?" I asked. "No. It's because, Mesagog and Elsa are not my real parents. My real mom and dad both got killed by Mesagog when I was in first grade." Virginia said. "Virginia, I had no idea. I'm so sorry to hear that. Anyway, my parents got killed by Mesagog too. And it was around the same time." I said. Virginia didn't say anything. "Look, I know what it's like to not have a real family. My older brother left after that. Do you have any siblings?" I asked. "No, they left after my parents got killed." Virginia said. "So, you are just like me." I said. "More or less." Virginia said. Then she walked away. I decided to head back to Tommy's place but this time I decided to take a shortcut through the forest. I was walking through the forest when someone or something hits me on my left side knocking me over and making me roll for a few feet before stopping. Then I felt my arms and legs being pinned to the ground. I turned my head enough to look up at what was pinning me to the ground. "Who are you?" I asked looking at the wolf standing over me. "I'm George. What are you doing here? This isn't your territory." George said as he allowed me to get up. "I'm just taking a shortcut back home. This really isn't your territory either." I said. "I know." George said before turning back into his human form. "So, you're a wolfwalker too." I said. "Yeah, I'm just scared that Virginia will find out and then tell Mesagog that I'm one of them. Virginia thinks that I'm helping her to blend in with everyone, and I want it to stay that way." George said. "So, you kept this from her?" I asked. "For years. And now, I'm just scared of losing control of it." George said. "Why didn't you come to me? I could've helped you." I said. "It's a long story. You see... when you were young the wolf pack that saved you from the mountain lion was my pack. Well, not mine specifically because Mufasa was the alpha, anyway I was in that pack. Of course I decided to leave the pack a few days after you were adopted by the pack. The last thing I wanted was another mouth to feed." George said. "Yeah, I totally get that. But leaving the pack is dangerous." I said. "Danger? Ha! I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger." George said. "You know that you just quoted Simba from the lion king." I said.

"Yeah, I know. Anyway, I have a little something to tell you." Geroge said. "What is it?" I asked. "I just want to warn you that on the day your brother left every year, you will wolf out." George said. "What do you mean by wolf out?" I asked. I never heard about this until now. "It's hard to explain. Besides, you might need to try to keep yourself calm just until midnight, but something might happen to make you mad before that, and that's when you wolf out." George said. "I might have gone a little crazy on the pack a year after they took me in. Every year after that, they avoided me on that day." I said. "You wolfed out on the pack?" George said. "Yeah." I said. "I didn't know that." George said. "It's been hard ever since my brother left. And now, I'm just starting to wonder if my parents died because of me. It might just be my fault." I said. "Come on Ariel, don't say that." George said. "You guys said it yourselves. I killed my parents." I said. "What makes you think that?" George said. "You wouldn't understand." I said. "What wouldn't I understand?" George said. "It doesn't matter. Hakuna Matata." I said. "What?" George said. "Hakuna Matata. It's something I learned from the pack. Look, sometimes bad things happen and there's nothing you can do about it. So why worry?" I asked. "Because it's your responsibility." George said. "Well, what about you? You left?" I asked. "I left to find help, and I found you. Don't you understand? You're my only hope." George said. "Sorry." I said sarcastically. "What's happened to you? You're not the Ariel I knew from elementary school." George said. "That's right, I'm not. Now are you satisfied?" I asked as I turned away.