Chapter 12 Virginia's end & everything goes back to normal

She got up and saw the rouges that she led here. "Ohh, my friends." Virginia said. "Friends, I thought she we were the enemy." Dominic said. "Yeah, that's what I heard." Jessica said. The rogues surrounded Virginia. "No, no. Let me explain. No, you don't understand! No, I didn't mean-- No! No!" Virginia said. The rouges killed her and left. It started to rain. I walked up to the rest of the pack. They were happy to see that I was okay, especially George. When he saw me go to fight Virginia he was wondering if I was going to be okay. Sarabi and Mufasa both saw how loyal he was to this pack after returning. They actually welcomed him back to the pack. "George, welcome back home." Sarabi said. I was happy that George gets to be with the pack once again. Later that night as he was sitting outside the den I met with him. "Hey George." I said. "Hey." George said. "What are you still doing up? Only the betas and alphas should be awake." I said. "I'm too excited to sleep. Besides, I don't know what the others think. Sarabi and Mufasa might be ready to welcome me back, but I'm not sure about everyone else." George said. "I could ask everyone else what they think about you being back in the pack, if that will help." I said. "Thanks. I also couldn't stop thinking about Virginia. You know, the choice she made, and the consequence she received from her decision." George said. "Yeah, I get it. Anyway, it's getting kinda late. How about you go back in and get some sleep. I have to meet with the alphas and betas of the pack." I said. "Okay. Goodnight." George said. "Goodnight." I said as he walked back into the den to get some sleep. Then I met with John, Hunter, Sarabi, and Mufasa, along with the rest of the betas. "So, what's up?" I asked. "First, how is George?" Sarabi asked. "He's okay." I said. "That's good." Mufasa said. "Alright, so, what is this meeting about?" I asked. "It's about how we're going to make George feel welcomed back in the pack." Sarabi said. "The betas and I came up with a few ideas." Hunter said. "Without me and John." I added. "Hey, you guys were out hunting." Hunter said. "Yeah, I know. I do have one idea though." I said. "What's your idea?" Sarabi asked. "George told me that he doesn't know what the others think about him being back in the pack. I was thinking about talking to the rest of the pack about that." I said. "You should do that while he's out hunting with me." John said. "Well, it is your turn to hunt tomorrow morning with George." Mufasa said. "Great, that will give me some time to talk to the rest of the pack." I said. "We were also thinking about talking to George, that way we can see what he wants us to do to make him feel welcomed back." Hunter said. "And maybe we can have him help us with hunting and watching the pups. You know, to show us that he's responsible." John said. "Alright. It's settled then." Hunter said. Then we went back to the den to get some sleep. For the next few weeks we have George help us with hunting and watching the pups. I asked everyone how they feel about George being back in the pack and they all said that they were wondering what happened after he left. They are happy to have him back in the pack. When I told George this he was happy to hear that everyone was ready to welcome him back, even the pups. The next morning it was my turn to go out hunting with the rest of the betas, including George. While we were out hunting we saw a boy who looked like he was about five or six years old and there was a mountain lion a few yards away from him. I recognized the mountain lion. "That's the same one that tried to kill me years ago." I said. "Alright guys, let's save him." Hunter said. We all gave him a nod. Then when the mountain lion was about to leap towards him to finish him off we got in front of the boy and fought off the mountain lion. I went back into my human form and turned to face the boy. I knelt down to his level. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, thanks for the save. I'm Jayden." The boy said. Then he saw the others walking up to us and he started to scoot away. "Calm down. They're not going to hurt you." I said. "They're not?" Jayden asked. "No, I was in the same situation as you when I was your age. They actually took me in. So, what are you doing out here?" I asked. "Just came out here for a hike but I seem to have gotten lost. I need to get back home." Jayden said. "Alright, Hunter, can you pick up his scent?" I asked. "I could try." Hunter said. "I don't want my parents to worry about me." Jayden said. "Don't worry, we'll make sure you get home safely." I said. Just then Hunter got Jayden's scent. "Got it!" Hunter said. "Great, lead the way!" I said. We followed Hunter out of the forest. When Jayden saw his home he knew he could make it the rest of the way. I decided to go with him to the front door. Just to make sure he gets home safe. "Thank you so much for getting me back home." Jayden said. "I didn't really do much of anything. If there's anyone that deserves the thanks it's Hunter, so really, you should be thanking him." I said. Then I rang the doorbell and Jayden's dad came to the door. "Jayden. I'm so glad you're home. I was so worried about you." Jayden's dad said before noticing me. "Thank you so much for bringing him home safely." Jayden's dad said. "No problem. It's the least I could do for a kid." I said. Then Jayden's dad gave me some money as a reward for bringing his son back home safely. Then I went back to the den with George who was waiting for me at the edge of the forest. I never thought I would have saved a kid but I'm glad I did. George is back and is in the pack to stay. The next morning I was out hunting when the alpha of Virginia's pack came up to me. "Hello. Are you Ariel?" He said. "Yes sir." I said. "You know, I tried to stop her." Tyler said. "Yeah, I know. But she went against you, and got what she deserved." I said. "It wasn't just that. She wanted to be alpha too but I was not letting her." Tyler said. "Yeah, I kinda figured that out. The thing is, I'll be an alpha someday, eventhough I am a wolfwalker." I said. "Yeah, anyway I have to get back to my territory to protect it. And you should head home too." Tyler said. "Okay." I said as I walked away. Over the next few weeks the rest of the pack and I got everything back to normal.

The end