Day Off

(Y/N) wakes up to the sound of his alarm clock as he slowly and groggily sits up in his bed and stretches his body. He looks to his window and takes in the magnificent morning view he has before standing up and heading to restroom to get ready for the day. And as he was brushing his teeth, he hears his scroll vibrating and sees that it is Professor Ozpin.

(Y/N): *SIGH* (Muffled from brushing) What now?

He picks up his scroll and answers it and displays the hologram.

Ozpin: Good morning (Y/N).

(Y/N): Morning sir. How can I help you?

Ozpin: Oh it's nothing important really. I am just calling every staff member, to let them know, that classes and shifts will be cancelled today.

(Y/N): Huh? Why is that?

Ozpin: I just figured that I allow the staff and students to enjoy the festivities and relax. We may be at a war with Salem and her Grimm, but I feel as though the children should still be children. Especially you and your sisters.

(Y/N): Hmm? Alright I get ya. I'll call my sisters and let them know. Thank you for the day off sir.

Ozpin: You are most welcome (Y/N). Oh, and one thing before I hang up.

(Y/N): (Grabs mouth wash) What's that? (Proceeds to gargle and swish mouth wash in mouth)

Ozpin: When are you going to ask Ms.Tsuyuri out on a date?

(Y/N) goes wide eyed and spits the mouth wash out of his mouth onto the mirror. He starts coughing and looks at Ozpin with a bright blush on his face.

(Y/N): W-WHAT?!

Ozpin: Well you see, me and some of the staff are-

Before he could finish his sentence, Glynda came over and cut the connection by ending the call. Probably to hide whatever mischievous plan Ozpin was about to reveal. (Y/N) rubs his temples as he tries to forget the embarrassment.

(Y/N): *SIGH* Stupid old man. I swear to Oum, I will shove that coffee mug down his-

*KNOCK!* *KNOCK!*

Kanao: (Y/N)?

Before he could finish that sentence, Kanao knocked on his door. He puts on a shirt and shorts and walks over to open his door so they could talk.

(Y/N): Yeah?

Kanao: Did you get a call from Ozpin?

(Y/N): Yeah. Why you ask?

Kanao: Cause I got a call from Glynda telling me that classes are cancelled for the day. So I was wondering if you got a similar call from Ozpin?

(Y/N): I did. He told me the same thing. Amongst additional topics.

Kanao: Hm?

(Y/N): N-Nothing! 

Kanao: Okay? Well I was wondering if you wanted to spend the day with me, if that's alright?

(Y/N): Well actually I was...

Then that's when the memory of Ozpin asking when he's going to ask her out, came rushing back to him. And so, he made up his mind to do just that.

(Y/N): 'Damn you Ozpin.' You know what? Sure, why not. I got nothing better to do.

Kanao: Wonderful. Should we invite the girls? 

(Y/N): Uh no, I thought it could just be us. 

Kanao freezes in place as she tries to take in the words that came out of (Y/N)'s mouth.