Chapter 2: palace : Page 5- Morcant.

I felt the wash of rain over me, and I busted my eyes open to see just rain.
Can't we have a week of sunshine?

I looked around to see if Morcant had died or was in some kind of panic attack, but he was seen from afar, hands on hips and standing in rain.

"You don't want to get sick do you?" I called out to him under the trees, while Seviyn was drinking water.

He squinted his eyes at me then opened them. He smiled, "Don't you love this weather?" He shouted back.

"Quite gloomy!"

He put his arms out wide, and let it fall on him.

"He's going to be sick for sure, you must get him under here, he'll come, I'm sure, he isn't a child,"

Oh no he won't come.

I stood up, getting up on my feet and sprinted to Morcant, careful not to slip over the muddy surface. The rain was heavier by the minute.

"Morcant, you'll be sick! Now come here, you aren't a child!"
"No, I love this! This might be the last time, until you twos prayers will be answered and it'll be sunny out of nowhere!" He said, pointing to me and Sev.
"Alright alright, come when we have served bread!"

I walked to Seviyn and sat down. I looked above me, hoping there would be fruit.

No lemons.

"It's still night, no matter how dark the sky is," Seviyn said, putting his dreamy smile on my mind.

I crawled over to him, putting myself in his chest and arms. He ruffled my hair and pecked my forehead.
"Come here," He whispered.
I held on to his arms, catching a slight glimpse of Morcant twirling in the rain.

This is the first time he hasn't seen us together. I wonder how he is.

All lonely.

. . .

We were moving out of our most comfortable position (so far), and walking ahead, with Seviyn holding our almost ripped map.

"Don't stay awake for too long next time," He said to me.

Morcant was holding all our apparatus/bags, and he was right behind us two.

"Alright alright father," I replied sarcastically.

"Don't listen to him," Morcant said to me.
"Why not?" I asked him.
"Oh, so you like calling him father?" He raised a single eyebrow and walked ahead, ending up behind Seviyn.

"Woah, you scared me," Sev said, taking a peek back, smiling. He's in a good mood.

A great mood actually.

"Sorry-"
"Why...are you always sorry?" Sev asked him.
He shrugged, "I'm not used to being cruel,"
He really wasn't.

Morcant walked ahead of us, and pointed to the tip of a castle, "Guys! It's there! We're close, keep going! Let's walk faster-"

We heard hooves.
"Go! Quick!" Sev shouted, climbing a tree, going to its highest point.
Morcant flew himself under this pile of crunched leaves, and I hid behind the tree Seviyn climbed on.

Soon, we heard a mans voice, "We should give up sire, he isn't here,"
"I am not your sire, I am just here to help our sire, as I said,"
"Right, but we should stop, it is the Kings work to kill them, he knows they are coming, and we have guards. They stand no chance against them, and they cannot hear our plans. They will come, and be ambushed immediately!"
"You're right..." He said, putting his sword back in its place, not his hands.