Part 8- pot.

Rohesia

I accidentally ended up cutting the rug, because we were let go, and the vines slithered away, and the roots stopped.

I ran away from the carpet, grabbing a tired Seviyn with me.
"Wake up!"
"Mother!"
"Shush!"
He stood up, leading me to the left corridor.

"What happened..."
"All the guards have gone, Sev! Someone is helping us!" Excitement lifted up in his face. He put two hands on his hands like he was mind blown.
"Morcant the great!" He exclaimed, and he was motivated to walk further. We reached a door, in golden words, the word King, our Sire was written on it.

"We barge in, he cannot fight,"

"3..." I counted. "2..."
"Oh shut up," He said, and we did, we barged in.

. . .

He held is dagger high, and I held my sword.

"Who, is there?" He croaked. He wasn't old, but not too young.
He had red eyes and pale lips. He tilted his head, showing Morcant and...
"Her?..." I whispered. She looked worried, holding his hands.

He struggled to get his sword, but Seviyn never talks before killing.

He ran slyly behind the King, and put the dagger upon his head, with scared eyes. I nodded ten times, but the King went behind and almost slashed his eyes apart.
"How dare you! I'm King! You-" Seviyn aimed his dagger at him, and he couldn't walk further, as Morcant and the 'mermaid' was behind.
"Crawl!" I whispered to them. I walked in the room. The two of them crawled in different directions.

Morcant was on the side of the wooden table, and he reached out to grab a crown.

The crown. The one I saw in my dreams.

It had rubies on it, and the silver pattern made me envious for no reason. He grabbed it, and stood up, walking near me.

Seviyn and the King were now in battle, throwing away items and knocking down everything.  Seviyn had his back on the wall, the window above him.

Once he had enough, the head of a man, poisoned, was on the floor. It was right under my feet.
It was flung over the table, and a horrible stench had arrived.

"Morcant, please don't!" She said, reaching out for him. She ran to him, but his fragile hands broke a crown in two pieces. The rubies shattered, dropping on the floor.

The crown was broken.
The crown was broken?

Wait...

"I'm sorry, is it too late to say sorry?" He said to her. He smiled at me, and collapsed on the floor.
"Morcant!" It was too late, he fell off his feet. Seviyn ran to him, hoping he was just fainting.
The crown was right in his hands. The girl put her hands over his chest.

"Morcant! Listen to me! Please!" He was almost crying, but I stared over him in confusion.

"Catch me..." He said, with wet eyes.

Catch me. Catch me...
Catch me...

"He's paralyzed, he will die in soon," She said giving him a kiss on his pale lips. The blood was sucked out of him, and the Kings body had evaporated into an evil. The pot on his shelf had fallen off. The crown had a mist of fog, which hovered above him.

The Kings power still lives.

Seviyn no longer took it in.

. . .

Seviyn.

I can't take it no more.
"Morcant, you're my best mate, you can't die just yet! It's too soon!" I leaned over to him. He stared with cold eyes. My eyes were heating up, it was getting blurry. I was crying, but it wouldn't stop me from talking.
"Morcant!" I shouted at him.

I gave him a kiss, right on his lips.

"Please," My tears fell on his closing eyelids.
"I'm the King..." He muttered, and then he stopped breathing.

"MORCANT!"

He just does this?
He just dies.

I put my head on his chest.
"We love you," And I spend minutes crying over him. Everyone else joined me, over his dead body, our tears were on him.

It's too late to save him. He's gone. I should've told him that I had a secret surprise for his birthday planned right there. It would be in a few months.
I stopped acting like friends so it'd surprise him.

All that crap for nothing.

He's gone. My best friend.