Part 7- he isn't moving, but he's there.

Rohesia

We walk up the stairs, which are way too long for me.

Like I said, stairs are not for me! Am I being played around or something?

And Seviyn, was dancing up the stairs, too tired to walk. He scowled at me whenever I interrupted, he pretended all eyes were on him and attention was only at him.
"You're enjoying this shit huh?" I said to him. He stopped, and shoved me down.

"Hey!" I put my hands up in defence. He stopped, and sat down.
I sat next to him.
"What's wrong?" I asked him.
"I need to tell you something,"
"Yeah?"
"Don't kill me right?"
"I won't, you're the one protecting me-"
"You using me?"
"No no no!"
"Anyway, I'm..."
"I'm?"
"I was once a prince you know. My dad was the creator of the town, but then this man came to 'help' us. He poisoned my dad, and then he died, I wasn't devastated, I honestly didn't care. I was still prince, and his crown was stolen hours later. I was prince forever, until the man came into my room, offering me the crown. I didn't mean to, but I threw it into his face, cursing him. I was no longer prince, I made my home in the forest, but I couldn't go far, that's why my home sort of close to your town,"
"That's why you live near me?"
"Yeah-"
"I can't- you...a prince? How'd you turn Bezier?"
"Shhh!" He grabbed my arm, and left his hand there. "I sort of burnt down that home, turning up years later. I came to your house, and my skills were beyond understanding okay?" He whispered.
"And?!" Is he serious?!
"I was lonely for years, I needed an-"
"Ally...so you found me?"
"Yeah, I then had you twisted into my problems, and now..." He stood up, dancing up the stairs again. "We're gliding on the King's stairs," I joined him, holding in my laughs.

We had reached the end.

I looked behind us.
"Careful," Sev reminded me, clutching his dagger close to him.

We stepped on the rug laid below us.
There a short tug on my feet.

"Watch out!" Seviyn shouted.

"Too late! Save yourselves!" I wailed, cutting down vines reaching for my neck.

The roots were the ones that held Morcant down.

"Use his leaf! Go!" It's a trick isn't it.
A vine came leaping through my neck.

. . .

"So, we are here to protect and be free, that is our main goal, do not kill unless needed!"
They all nodded, and in agreement.

After the meeting, everyone ate in the hall, where I was in.

I couldn't help staring at her, she could really manage millions of people asking her questions. Honestly, I'd break out. I've never been so good at this type of...event.

"Watch your eyes, she isn't yours to keep," A voice next to me spoke. Everyone had turned themselves so that they could walk, even I forgot. He had sparkling grey and an intimidating stare.
"Umm..." What do I say? Insult, or 'sorry'.
"Yeah that's right!" He put an arm around me.
What?
"Who are you?..."
"I'm James! And I bet you know nothing about Archer?"
"Who is Archer?"
"He was a our great man, but he left in your world and never came back, we aren't fond with you and your friends,"

"Er- I what? Are you and Lilac both-"
"Yeah, she's mine you know?" Pointing to Lilac, he put his arm away. He stood up.
"I dunno-" I don't need to apologise to no one!
"Keep your eyes on yourself, I'll pull them out if you don't," He left, storming away. I'll probably die before you find out about us loving each other.

I walked over to Lilac, who was planning to start right after they finish eating, which was now.

"Now,"
"Okay I'll be watching!"
She coughed, "Everyone! We are to go out now! No questions asked! And our dear maids, please guard them!" Everyone stood up, put their chairs in place and left the doors. Just like that.

Once we were all outside, we had five volunteers that were around the wall, they were going to start squeaking annoyingly.

Five minutes passed (or perhaps more), and they were given a signal.

And how awful those noises were. Lilac put her hands over my ears, making sure I hear not a single thing. They aren't sirens, god, I thought they were average mouse noises.

A head peeked out of the window.
"Oi!" From afar, I could see him looking at other men.
We were under seaweed, millions of us hiding. Glad we could fit...in this unlimited...bunch of wet grass....

The guards were seen by the thousands of mermen near the gate within the river and then, the rest of the mermaids and mermen joined, more and more foolish guards ran down. This had worked so far, and me and Lilac swooped under and she held my hand. We swam around the castle, until the back window was seen. She practised leaping, until she passed the highest window.
"I can see the King, he's stuck in his spot, it's been too long. I think his time really is over. Hold my hand, we'll go...now!" She leaped up into the air. My stomach almost dropped to my feet, and she flew into the window. Without a thump, we ended up on the carpet. Now this was unbelievable, I mean, being a King of nature, almost everything is loud.
This was the easy part, but I don't think the mermen will distract the guards for too long.

Her breath was heavy, so we took a moment. Shelves and gold, a King sitting on a chair, and more gold. His crown was tipped over his head, almost falling. She held my arm, grabbing tightly on it. She gave me a kiss, and it was a real one.

She made me feel better, but not less scared. She pulled away, letting me look away from her, blood rushing up my cheeks. Or not blood? I don't even know. I continued looking the opposite side of her, trying to calm myself down.

She pulled my head to hers, and we sat quietly, in the room of the King.

The door opened, and we saw what we hoped to see.

I sat closer to Lilac, holding her waist.

"They're here," I whispered.