Running?

(Aethers POV)

I sat there, just staring Xiao down. I was mad at him. It was all his fault that I was found out.

'Damn you brat.... ' I thought to myself, never once breaking eye contact with him. After a while he finally looked away from me.

"We are so sorry Lumine, we didn't know, " the purple haired girl spoke again. Lumine looked up at her and just smiled.

"It's okay Keqing, you didn't know, " Lumine said trying to reassure the girl. Once again I had learned yet another name of the many people hundled in the room. I sighed, obviously annoyed by all the talking, and everyone in the room, including Lumine looked at me.

"Are you okay? " she asked, and all I did was looked at her with a 'your seriously asking that' face, which she just nervously started laughing at.

"ughhhhhhhh" I sighed again obviously losing even more of my patience. All I wanted was for Lumine to untie me so that I could leave. I hung my head low.

"Aetherrrr~" she whined, obviously starting to catch on that I was annoyed. I looked back up at her. She took the hint that I wanted the ropes off and began making her way over to them to free me, before a hand came out of nowhere and stopped her. I looked up to see the same person who tied me up.

Xiao

"What do you think your doing, " Xiao spoke to her in a cold voice. She looked up at him.

"I'm freeing him, what else would I be doing? " she stated before trying to take the ropes off of me again.

"What if he tries to escape again? " he questioned. That made Lumine stop right in her tracks and look up at me.

"Y-you wouldn't right? " she asked worridly. All I could do was fake a smile and shake my head. She smiled happily at me before going back to the ropes. While she did that I gave the deadliest glare I could muster to Xiao, who took the hint that he had guessed exactly what I was gonna do when I was freed.

Once she had finished untying my hands, I stood up and began to stretch and twist my neck that hurt. Once I finished I looked around at all the people in the room, before I started backing away. All them looked at me confused and Lumine immediately asked me, "Aether, what's wrong? ".

As I looked at her and than back at the people all I did was glare even more. Then one of them spoke up.

" Do you think it's possible that he's mad and wary of us because we tied him up? " another girl asked. This time it was a blue-haired female with some horns on her head. I slightly growled because she had guessed correctly and everyone heard so they now knew.

"We meant no harm to you, we would have never done that if we knew you were the Travelers brother, " the girl spoke again. Keqing came over to the girl.

"Ganyu's right, we never meant to scare you, " Keqing spoke. Now out of the ten people in the room I didn't know, I now knew 5 of their names. I was starting to get annoyed. I quietly mumbled something, and caught the attention of Lumine next to me.

"What did you say, Aether? " she questioned concerned. Everyone looked over.

"..... go" I mumbled again. She looked at me as she stilled couldn't hear what I said. "Lumine.... " I whispered.

"Yes? " she answered. I looked straight into her eyes as I said this, and I could see the tears form in her eyes after I said this.

"Let me go... " is all I said. Everyone in the room immediately whirled around to look at me. Lumine was in a state of pure shock.

"H-huh?! " she screamed. I began to move forward before she stopped and grabbed my arm. "N-NO! " she yelled again, "WE WERE FINALLY REUNITED, WHY DO YOU WANT TO LEAVE". All I did was look at her with a neutral face. I looked back behind all the people, and that's when I saw my chance to escape....

And I took it.

" I'm sorry Lumine, " is all I could say before I tried. I shook my arm off to the side and Lumine fell over onto the floor. Then I started to run past all the people before they could react. By the time they understood what was happening I was out the room.

"TRAVELER, " Ganyu yelled, rushing over to Lumine side. Everyone thought I was gone for good now, except one person.

"I'm the only one with a chance at catching him, " Xiao spoke, before he teleported away from everyone to catch me.

As I made my way outside, I was surprised to find that the Chamber that I was in, was FLOATING.

"What the heck" I mumbled to myself, clearly unamused, and then that's when I felt a pair of hands on my wrist. I turned around to see Xiao.

"Don't tell me you are dumb enough to jump off of this thing mortal, " he said glaring at me.

'The only way he could have caught up to me so quickly is if he can teleport' I thoguht, 'Well I was hoping not to show this til later but it looks like I have no choice'. After I finished that thought I took out some kind of rope and quickly wrapped it around his hand, he just stared at it before looking back at me and I watched as his face actually turned to one of shock. When I jumped off.

As I was falling I saw he jump down right after me. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING! " I yelled up to Xiao. As he was falling I could see that he was confused, and that's when I figured out that he didn't know what kind of rope I tied around his hand.

"Why can't I teleport, " I heard him whisper. I was right, he didn't know that the rope could cancel out his adeptal powers, basically turning him into a normal person. As we were both falling to the ground I made sure I was underneath him before using all my remaining power to create a gust of wind to break our fall, and then......

*THUD*.........