Other Nations

(Aethers POV)

I have to admit that Lantern Rite thing was amazing. While Xiao and I were watching the sky, I saw my sister and her friends down below us, enjoying the festival. I had to admit I was slightly jealous about her getting to run around and have fun, but I guess it's fine since I got to spend time with Xiao.

Xiao and I headed back to the Inn after the fireworks died down. I had to admit I was really pleased with the festival, even though I didn't get to do anything.

"That was way better then I expected it to be" I laugh. Xiao is sitting on the couch in the room while I walk over to the bathroom.

"Glad you enjoyed it" he whispers. I look over at him and chuckle. I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower. I usually take a shower every other day, and today was one of my shower days. I admit that I've missed quite a few of them, considering I spent three days straight trying to save Xiao and then sleeping for another day, so I was pretty happy to finally be able to shower.

I took a pretty long one today, and when I came back out of the room, I noticed Xiao had left. Rude if you ask me, but whatever, it's not like I can control an adeptus, especially one like him. I quickly changed and ran back outside. I've been cooped up for so long and my injuries don't really bother me that much anymore so I should be fine. I summon an Abyss Mage and head back over to the Abyss for the day. I left a note for Xiao before I left just in case.

"Welcome back, Your Highness" an Abyss Herald spoke. I waved at them as I walked by. It's truly been a while since I've come back to the Abyss, so it's no wonder there is a Herald right here to greet me. I had a lot of work to catch up on, so I did that as soon as possible. I wanted to go back to Xiao.

After what felt like hours of work, I finally finished up. I was exhausted. I had to travel around a lot and deal with lots of things. It was a pain in the ass, but it was all worth it in the end. I had a plan that I was still going to follow through. I still hate Teyvat. I still want to destroy Teyvat. However, there are people here that I don't want to harm. So I'm at a crossroad here. I can only pick one or the other. So I have to think to myself...

Which one is more powerful.....

My love for Xiao, or my hate for Teyvat

I eventually decided to head back to the Inn. It was late and I was tired and bored. However, when I got back, I saw someone I wasn't expecting to see.

"LUMINE?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" I scream. She snickers at me and runs over to me.

"Aether, it's time we move" she smiles. I look at her dumbfounded. What does she mean move? Move where? Why?

"Hold up Lumine. Move? Why and when?" I question. She continues to give me her usual innocent smile. A smile that I know for a fact, isn't actually innocent.

"Well Aether, I think it's about time I move onto my next nation, Fontaine!" she cheers. I let out an exasperated sigh, causing her head to perk up at me. "What's the problem Aether?" she asks.

"Lumine, have you forgotten that I've already travelled through Teyvat and that I HATE it" I yell. Lumine seems surprised by my words, but whines in response.

"That's exactly the point Aether. You already know your way around, and it would be really helpful for you to show me around" she mumbles. I look away from her and cross my arms. I don't want to go with her. I get she's my sister, but that doesn't mean I want to do everything with her. During our bickering, a certain someone came back to his room.

"Aether, Traveller. What are you two yelling about?" Xiao questions. He appeared so suddenly that his voice caught us both off guard.

"XIAO, PERFECT TIMING!" Lumine screams, rushing over to the adeptus standing on the balcony. He looks at her with a puzzled look on his face. "Xiao, please tell Aether to come with me to Fontaine" she pleas. Xiao seems shocked by her question, but gives her an answer.

"Traveler, it's up to him whether or not he wants to go" Xiao answers. Lumine seems disappointed by this answer.

"Awwww, come on Xiao. Just admit you don't want me to leave you~" I snicker, walking over to him and hugging him. He tenses slightly at my sudden touch before relaxing. Lumine looks at us both with a surprised look on her face.

"Geez, how close are you two? Xiao doesn't even let me hug him" Lumine chuckles. Xiaos face turned red from embarrassment. All I can do is laugh. I drag Xiao along to the bed and sit him down.

"Stay right here Xiao, don't move until I'm back, okay?" I ask, and very politely at that. He looks at me before nodding, showing he understands. I walk back towards Lumine and drag her out of the room.

"So, where's your little flying friend?" I ask.

"Paimons asleep right now" she smiles. I lean against the wall and look straight at Lumine.

"Lumine, I've found the first thing I actually like about Teyvat, don't make me leave him" I sigh. Her face goes red and she gasps. Next thing I know, she's giggling like a teenage girl in love.

"Ohmigosh Aether. Are you in love with Xiao!" she squeals. I smile at her.

"Who knows. I'm not gonna say anything" I shrug. She just smiles at me before leaving. I guess she's not gonna take me with her anymore. That's good. I walk back to the room, and when I come in, I see Xiao, sitting in the same exact position he was in when I left. He looks like he hasn't moved an inch.

"You really listened to me" I laugh, sitting down next to him. He nods his head at me. I smile and pull him close to me. Xiao really has been warming up to me. I lay down on the bed and lay him on my chest. He breathes quietly and cuddles up to me. It's the cutest thing ever. Xiao falls asleep shortly after. He says he doesn't need to sleep, but I still think it's good for him to every once in a while.

"Sweet dreams Xiao"