The Maze

(Aethers POV)

I felt Xiao push me through the portal as I tried to make my escape. We ended up traveling through the portal together. Once we were on the other side, all four of us landed on the ground with a thump.

"Well that didn't feel nice, " Keqing spoke, rubbing her rear end which she landed on. I immediately got on my feet when I saw the three of them with me. Lumine looked up at me.

"AETHER, WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME, " she screamed at me. I didn't want to look at her in the face. I began to back away before turning around and running.

"AETHER" she screamed, then I heard someone chasing after me. I thought it was Lumine, but when I turned my head to look, it was actually...

Xiao!?!?!

Why would he be the one chasing me?

(3rd Person POV)

Soon after, Lumine and Keqing joined in the chase for Aether. However, the three of them were still a disadvantage in this place. Here, Aether had the upperhand. As he was running he presses a button on the wall, and after he did it disappeared.

"That button should take care of them" Aether mumbled to himself, still running away from them. The button he pressed does two things.

First, it turns the place into a whole maze, like some of those domains. The walls will automatically open and close, turning the whole place into a maze.

The second thing it does it cut off all elemental energy. Which means, even if you have a vision, you can't use it anymore. However, that also meant Aether couldn't use his powers anymore. Not because he didn't have a vision, but because if elemental energy is cut off, he relies on it to use his abilities, but the same went for Lumine.

The three of them continued to chase after Aether until he turned a corner. Xiao was right behind him, and then Lumine turned to corner, but before Keqing could, the wall closed right in front of her.

"WHAT THE-! " Keqing yelled in surprise, stopping herself before running into the wall.

Lumine and Xiao were still hot on Aethers trail, but the walls kept moving and eventually Lumine was stopped and now Xiao was the only one left.

"Ahhh" Lumine screamed running face first into the wall. Aether felt bad.

"GET BACK HERE ALREADY" Xiao shouted from behind Aether. That sent a shiver up his spine. He could hear the bloodlust just from Xiao's voice, and honestly, he wanted to faint from fear, but he had to keep running to not be caught.

(Aethers POV)

"STOP CHASING ME, YOU CRAZY ADEPTUS" I yelled at Xiao, even though I knew he wouldn't listen, it's always worth a try.

"LIKE HELL" Xiao screamed back at me, "YOUR GONNA PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID TO ME! ". I turned my head around only to see Xiao...... blushing?!

I had heard from Lumine breifly when she was talking with that weird floating child that Adepti don't understand human emotions. That would me he doesn't know what blushing means.

'Interesting' I thought to myself, still running.

I continued running, but no matter how many walls closed, he was still there, right behind me! Is he a ghost or something? Is he going through my walls? I was running out of breath. I was about ready to fall on the floor from exhaustion.

" THAT'S IT! " I yelled, halting right then and there. Xiao was taken by surprise as he stopped himself before he ran into me. I looked over at him with a mean glare.

"Go away and leave me alone, dummy " I said to Xiao. He responded by glaring at me, his cheeks turning a small tint of red.

"Like hell I would let you get away after what you did to me! " he yelled, obviously flustered, but I don't think he recognized that.

"Hmmm... " I hummed in response to him before turning around and walking away. He just stared at me before chasing after me and grabbing my hand.

"And just where do you think you're going, you pathetic mortal, " Xiao questioned, obviously annoyed.

'Sucks to suck, but I'm not a mortal' I thought to myself, 'but I won't tell him that just yet'. I started smirking, which he caught.

"What? " he asked confused. I just looked back at him still smiling.

"Oh nothing~" I hummed amused. That just made his grip on my hand tighten, staring right into my eyes.

"Don't lie to me, " he stated coldly. I looked back at him teasingly.

"Then stop following me, and I'll stop lying to you" I said sarcastically. That just made him angrier.

"YOUR ON THE LAST STRAW! " he yelled in an annoyed tone. All that did was make me even happier to see I was getting to him.

"Awwwww, come one. No need to be so angry. I'm just telling it how it is, " I smile. He just makes a confused face, which I snicker at.

"See if you stop following me, than I can't lie to you because you're not near me, simple! " I say gleefully.

"You.... " he mumbles at a loss for words. "Ugh" he states in defeat. He releases my hand and just crosses his arms and looks straight into my eyes.

"You finally gonna let me go? " I question excitely. However, I didn't get the answer I wanted.

"You think I'm stupid, " he blurts out. I just look at him with dumbfounded eyes.

"What? " I ask. He walks closer to me, placing his face only an inch away from mine.

"Your gonna pay for what you did to me, and I won't stop chasing you until I get my revenge... " Xiao states in his cold tone. That makes me shiver.

"Whatttttttt~" I whine like a child. He just continues to look at me.

"mmm... " he sighs.

Great, just great. So now he's never gonna leave me alone. What bad luck I have.

We both just stand there before we hear something.

Chick

It sounded like some kind of mechanism was activated, but before either of us could react, the ground underneath us opened up and swallowed us.

"Huh?! " Xiao yelled out of shock. I don't know why I did this, maybe out of instict, or something else but before I knew what I was doing. I had grabbed Xiao's hand and pulled him into my chest, most likely I did it to break his fall, but why is still a mystery....

------------------------------------------------------------

(Authors Note)

Most likely will post a chapter once every week, just to give it a good span of time inbetween each chapter, and a week is about how long it takes me to write these chapters because of school and sports. I hope that won't bother too many of you. 😅💜