Search

(Aethers POV)

"DAMN IT!" I scream, bashing my arms on the floor of the ruin. He's gonna pay. Nobody is taking Xiao away from me, and he better not hurt him. That stupid Harbinger. I will make him suffer if he does any experiments on Xiao. Mark my words.

I stand up from the ground and make my way out of the Ruin. My top priority right now is to get Xiao back. I've grown pretty attached to him at this point, and to see the Doctor of all people take him away from me, makes it even worse.

I've always had problems with the Doctor ever since I met him. I met him a long time ago, way before my sister met him in Sumeru. He knows I hate him and he hates me too.

"MAGE! GET OVER HERE!" I yell. An Abyss Mage appeared infront of me, answering my call. I enter the portal immediately and make my way back to the Inn. I need to grab some stuff before going to find Xiao, cause knowing the Doctor, Xiao is most likely in his lab.

I make it into Xiao rooms and immediately grab my bag. Ive had this bag with me every since I came to Liyue, but I've never used it....for very specific reasons. However, considering it's the Doctor I'll be using this against, and the fact that he took Xiao. It makes any hesitation about using it disappear.

I call the mage again and teleport back to the Ruins. I know where the Doctors lab is, however it's not easy to get into without him. No normal person could ever get in there without him, not in a million years. However, I'm not normal. With my power, at the most it should take a week. However, I can only hope that it will take less time. I can't let Xiao stay with the Doctor for any longer. He's untrustworthy and despicable. He's a dangerous maniac.

"Don't worry Xiao. I'll get to you as soon I can" I promise. I will save him, even if I have to cross swords with the Doctor to get to him.

I begin the "ritual" to get into the Doctors lab, and now all I can do is wait until it opens. I can only hope to get there sooner than a week.

————————————————————————

"Your Highness, you really should take a rest. You are exhausting yourself" an Abyss Herald instructs. I grumble slightly. I have to admit, doing this is definitely taking a toll on my energy levels. However, I have to get to Xiao and the Doctor as soon as possible.

"I'm fine, there's no need for your concern" I respond.

"But your wounds!" the Herald yells. All I can do is groan as a response. I have to keep most of my focus on getting into the Doctors lab. I continue to do what I'm doing, ignoring whatever the Herald is saying to me. Eventually, he gives up and leaves me alone.

I begin to breathe heavily from loss of breath.  My wounds combined with the amount of energy really is taking a toll on me, just like the Herald said.

But I have no time to rest. The Doctor....there's no telling what he'll do, especially since he has an adeptus to experiment on now. And of course he had to also be the last Yaksha.

*Magical Timeskip for 3 days*

"I GOT IT" I yell. I finally open the door to the Doctors lab. Finally.

"Don't worry Xiao, I'm coming to get you" I promise. I jump through the door immediately and make my way into the Doctors lab.

When I get into the lab, the first thing that I run into is an empty room. I have to admit that wasn't very surprising to me. I mean, he is smart, but this place is almost impossible to get into.

I continue making my way in, keeping my guard up because I know the Doctor isn't stupid enough to not have any guards here. Even that's being too relaxed.

"XIAO! WHERE ARE YOU!" I scream. As I do, a bunch of Fatui guards rush into the room. I couldn't give two shits about all of them. They are all just pathetic pawns in the Tsaritsa's plan. I knock them all down easily. All of them are really week. To be defeated by someone with injuries and hasn't slept for 3 days straight is just sad.

I move past them. There are only two people I'm looking for, and that's Xiao and the Doctor. If I run into either of them, I'll end up being completely joyful, or completely enraged. I search every room I run by. Just making sure that Xiao isn't tied down anywhere or that the Doctor isn't trying to surprise me. Both would be horrible to see.

I start to feel lightheaded. Dammit. This can't be happening right now. I can pass out for a week for all I care. It just has to be after I get Xiao back and leave here. Please....please just let me find him. I continue to run. I hear two people fighting. Not far from me. One of the voices I hear is undoubtedly him. It's Xiaos voice....and the other one I have no clue, but that doesn't matter to me.

I make my way over to the two voices, but they both stop talking and I have no clue where to go anymore. I see more guards running towards me.

"Hey, who do you think you are!!!" a guard screams. I glare at them. They have the audacity to yell at me, when they're the ones to kidnap Xiao.

"GIVE ME XIAO BACK!" I scream. I begin attacking the guards around me. Through the yells of the guards, a voice breaks through.

"AETHER!"

I turn my head to the voice, and see a beautiful adeptus running towards me. I reach my arm out to him.

"XIAO!" I cry

———————————————————————-

Next chapter will finally be the continuation of the story