Teasing Denial

(Xiao's POV)

It couldn't be true right? Me, an Adeptus. The Last Yaksha. THE CONQUEROR OF DEMONS FOR GOODNESS SAKES.

There's no way I could feel love, especially not for him. This despicable mortal must have put some kind of spell on me.

I continued to say these things in my head, trying to convince myself that it could not be true....

Until he snapped me out of it

"I wouldn't be getting distracted now if I were you" he whispered in my ear.

Aether had gone from his laying down position to sitting, with me still in his lap.

"Huh" I whispered, shocked from our new position. He was smiling up at me, obviously enjoying the express on my face. He must like surprising me.

"Xiao, do you enjoy sitting on my lap or something huh~" he lovingly whispered in my ear. His voice right in my ear made me shiver and I began to heat up again. I realized immediately what he was saying and tried to quickly get up off of his lap.

However......

When I tried to get up he used his hands and wrapped one arm around my waist and his other on my thigh. My eyes widened, staring right at him. What was he planning to do to me. Was he going to touch me again. Just like in the forest.

(Aether POV)

I could tell what Xiao was thinking just by his facial expressions. It's funny how he thought I was going to do the same thing in the forest. Of course I wasn't gonna, that was a one time thing, but there was something I had to test.

Based on what I've heard, Xiao here doesn't understand human emotions, but with the way he's been acting I think he still feels them. With the way he's acting it's almost like he's in love with me, and to be honest that makes me excited. Totally not because I like him back, but because I can tease and mess with him more.

"You're so adorable and forward. I mean just coming to sit on my lap when I'm defenseless and injured," I whisper, "How naughty~". After I say that, I feel his body shift slightly on top of me. His face is bright red and he's glaring right at me. Honestly it was really cute.

"You miserable mortal, g-get your hands o-off of me!" he yells, clearly embarrassed. After Xiao screamed that he looked back down at my stomach, assessing my wound. He begins to move one of his hands towards the metal chunk in my gut, before rubbing gentle circles around it.

"O-ow..." I cry slightly. When I do, the hand on my stomach immediately pulls back and a look of concern washes over his face.

'Is he worried that he hurt me?' I wonder looking up at him. I stare at his face for a little bit before looking down at my own wound.

"Im fine," I assure him. He looks up at me, a look of disbelief on his face. I begin to move my hand up to his cheek and place it there. I don't even realize I did until I already touched him, and because of my pettiness I had to pretend that it was intentional.

Xiao face turns a brighter shade of red when he feels my hand touch his face. He looks at my hand, but he surprisingly doesn't try to take it off. In fact he just let it stay there before looking back at my wound.

"How did this even happen. I mean we both fell down together so how did you get hurt..?" he asks, his voice having a very serious tone. I look off to the side before slightly feeling embarrassed for what I was about to tell him.

"I got injured... protecting you from the fall" I mumbled. He was soooooo going to make fun of me for this. However, what I was expecting..... never came.

I looked back at Xiao, wondering why he wasn't laughing or making fun of me. All I see when I look at him is a bright red face and eyes glaring at me.

"WHAT?" he screams at me. I just look at him confused.

"What's wrong with you?" I question him, slightly shifting. He feels me shift underneath him and remembers he's literally sitting on my lap. He jumps off my lap and moves a few steps back before continuing to speak.

"It's just I feel ashamed now, having been protected by a mortal....especially one like you" he says with slight venom in his voice. I continue to stare at him before smirking from my own amusement.

"Geez, you're too cute for an adeptus" I blurt out without realizing.

"H-HUH!" Xiao screams in shock right next to my ear, causing me to turn my head at the sudden loud voice. His face and mine are a few inches apart, noses almost touching and we're both just staring into each other's eyes. Almost as if we're mesmerized by the sight of the others eyes. I slightly blush before tilting my head to the side, snapping him out of it.

"Ah" he whispers, face also red. As we both just stood there, the door to the room opened and a familiar blonde haired female came running into the room, followed by a walking purple haired girl.

"AETHER!" she screamed, arms wide and ready for a hug. She tackled me to the floor with the biggest bear hug.

"O-ow.... Lumine, release. My wound" I winced out. She looked up at me before looking down at my stomach, eyes widening.

"OMG" she screamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There you go! " Lumine hummed, having just finished patching up my wound. I feel slightly uncomfortable around her, wanting to leave again, but I know she won't let me.

"Thanks Lu... " I mumble, slightly embarrassed from being helped by her.

"No probs Aeth~" she says happily. I look up at her and can't help be smirk. Seeing her happy always makes me happy. I look over at Xiao, who has a relieved look on his face from my wound being patched up.

I stand up from sitting on the ground. I look at Lumine and when she looks into my eyes, she can already tell what I'm about to say.

"Sorry Aether... " she mumbles, "but I can't leave me again". She walks over to me and hugs me. I look at her before thinking about something.

"I'll stay on a few conditions, but they all have to be met, okay? " I state.